Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

king marko

Re: how much would you say
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2011, 04:21:45 pm »
I would price the same as you chap - £8/9  - And i would of thought that was a good price.
cant believe it - are we really underpricing at that ??
im 100% sure if i started quoting at £11 or £12 for that i wouldnt get any work!! :) :)

colin purewater

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2011, 05:27:00 pm »
£12 pound mate

but as youve posted this im guessung £25???
keep it simple

john k

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2011, 05:37:55 pm »
£5.50 dont seem too bad to me!

mark blundell

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2011, 05:43:18 pm »
well i priced it @ £8.50 6 windows in total @ £1 per window as they are all easy access and £2.50 for the porch.

He was shocked as his window cleaner only charges £5.50

How can you compete with that  ???

get ya prices up for 1st floor windows to 1.50 for a small to average window mate! £2 1st floor big window  ;)

I really wish i could but i haven't been going long and i need all the work i can get. so at the moment and until i get to the stage when i can be fussy and not care if I get it or not i have to price my work to get it.

i know what your saying mate, thats very homest of you! im still not where i want to be in this game yet, but i AM at the the stage were i dont want anymore underpriced work! hope you get to the point im at soon mate

all the very best to you

GB

Thank you really appreciate that. that is on thing about this fourm most of the people on here are very helpful and encouraging 

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2011, 05:52:40 pm »
forgot to mention my service includes frames, sills and doors on a 4 wkly cycle

i think a price is not the be all and end all, its how the custard perceives the service there are paying for.

i also text and phone the evening before there booked in and leave a card with the next exect clean date!

george

Llaaww

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2011, 05:57:30 pm »
Sometimes a simple little job falls into the right spot on the round.

I would give it £10 for a first clean and £7.50 after that but only if it happened fit well with other stuff around and about.

if it is dirty it is fair game

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2011, 06:08:41 pm »
If it was sitting amongst my compact work then i`d probably be doing it for £6,i envisage the whole house at £10-11.So lets say you did next door at a £10 and this one at £6, £16 in just under 30 mins and thats running nicely over £30/hr on the glass.At this price they would both be getting a price rise for the beginning of next year to £11 and £6.50.
 Charge more if you can get it but don`t be surprised to be undercut and perhaps rightly so.

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2011, 06:19:16 pm »
i dont discount if its compact because what happens if you loose all the other work and your left with one underpriced job? you loose out thats what  ;)

H S and Son

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2011, 06:30:41 pm »
I expect he's paying £3.00 at the moment.

I was asked to price a job today with 22 windows. Their old window cleaner used to charge them £12.00. My price was £30. Needless to say I didn't get it  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2011, 06:46:42 pm »
i do some front and sides only houses amongst 150 very compact 3 bedders.i charge £4-£6 for them.they take 5 mins to clean 4 weekly and i earn enough thank you very much!!it also stops other window cleaners getting any work on these estates as its just not worth cleaning for that price if it was a stand alone.

i work in the north west albeit in a very affluent area.

if it was a stand alone i probably wouldnt take it on unless they were willing to pay a tenner.
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2011, 07:01:19 pm »
i also clean frames,sills,doors in with that price as well GB!!! ;) ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!