Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JamesLord

What Fan heaters are best for the winter
« on: October 02, 2011, 03:09:35 pm »
Hi All

Trying to get prepared for the winter months ahead.  This will be the first year I have had a tank and reach and wash system.  Would welcome some advice on how to keep it all working during the winter month and to stop the water freezing.  What fan heaters do you guys recomment?  are tere any that are energy freiendly?

My tank is generally full by 10pm so i need to make sure that the water doesnt freeze overnight, any tips?

Any other wintercare advise when using reach and wash system would be appreciated with it being the first winter for me?

thanks all

James

Lee GLS

Re: What Fan heaters are best for the winter
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 05:16:27 pm »
You are best off with an oil filled rad, I found the fan heaters not to be very good.

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 05:40:57 pm »
2nd that - buy one now as they are cheap - esp 2nd hand

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Steve Sed

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 06:07:54 pm »
In the van? How do you power them?

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 06:12:12 pm »
my power extention cable traps in the back doors without damaging it! ive been doing this for using my pumped ro in my van for months now with no probs so far!

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 06:27:58 pm »
I went the expensive route, used fan heater, just a little green house one.  It is expensive but circulates the air better around everything, when was down to minus 15+20 even that wasnt good enough.

As a little thing i do too, dont know if helps, but during winter i always drain water out of the brush, the pipes are very thin and in my mind weak in that, last thing you want is that pipe freezing and splitting.

Planning on boarding my van out with thick ply and insulation...that is when can afford it, as heat goes straight out again.  Helps if can park under cover too, car port, garage, etc.

Steve Sed

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 07:35:38 pm »
Unfortunately I don't have drive.

sunshine windies

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 10:04:21 pm »
Is it safe to leave an oil filled rad running on a low setting in the van overnight?  would a 700 watt one be sufficient?

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2011, 05:23:37 pm »
I found that the best thing is to have a fan circulating the air. Therefore I've got a electric fan heater with two heat settings, and a thermostat. Van is snow ice and damp free. Very nice.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2011, 06:37:24 pm »
No paraffin heaters, they smell terrible. I don't have a drive, but still have extension cord to the van.

Something like this I have got :

http://www.screwfix.com/p/vent-axia-2000w-portable-fan-heater/83629

This one is expensive, but it's these type of models that work very well.

ian1972

Ian101

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2011, 10:52:11 pm »
http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=11607558&fh_location=//catalog01/en_GB/categories%3C{9372014}/categories%3C{9942012}/categories%3C{9962012}/specificationsProductType=heaters

got 1 of these last winter .... 3 power settings but never needed to use more than 2 plus a dial to control heat even more.

Van nice and toasty in morning

tried parafin heater = crap and smelly plus worried about van going up in flames
oil filled rad ok but not as good as the convector heater