Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

M Walker

New Mobile Home cleans
« on: October 27, 2005, 10:15:43 pm »
Hi all I have been invited to tender for the cleaning of new mobile homes straight from the workshop. I have a little experience with these as I am at the moment helping the company out of a sticky patch. they are a mixture of two & three bed propertys all requiring windows and a sparkle type clean because of the manufacturing process they are not full of bricks and mortar. However the customer wants a very high standard a three bed today took two of us 11 hours and there is an element of travel to consider I have a price in mind and was just wondering how close or far of the mark I am Im inclined to give a set unit price and take the rough with the smooth as there will only probably be an hour difference between the two any ideas?
Kindest Regards
M Walker
The Exeter Cleaning Company

BSF

Re: New Mobile Home cleans
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 10:23:12 pm »
Two of you 11 hrs?

Are you being serious?

regards

Paul
Regards

BSF

M Walker

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 10:44:25 pm »
Yes Paul these units are placed outside the factory to be shown to potential customer all the UPVC has to be cleaned with a solvent and detaped as per normal builders clean these are top of the range units that are required to be like a show home standard to appeal to the customer. Kitchens and bathrooms are covered in grout pretty much like any builders clean but far more attention to detail is required. I have done many builders cleans but these are slightly different today was my first one for the customer and I am back tomorrow I have already put in my price but was just seeing how competetive I am. There is normally some one still snagging which in essence means that we sometimes have to go over an area again.
Regards
M Walker

BSF

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 11:04:11 pm »
Hi Mark,

I charge builder cleans by the sq ft, it includes all the spec you have mentioned, it would have to be one hell of a big property to take 22hrs to clean,

I dont know much about these park homes, but at a guess I would say the biggest are about (24ft x 50ft) 1200 sq ft, priced between 90k - 200k.

I really cannot see how one could ever need 22 man hours to clean.

I would charge £145 - £168 per unit of this size, If I sent two staff to clean this size of unit, I would expect it to take no longer than 4hrs each maximum.

You would have to charge alot of money for each unit to make a profit if they take 22hrs to complete.

Ive carried out new build cleans for 7000 sq ft properties being sold for 2.5 million, attention to detail is also a must on these.

regards

Paul

Regards

BSF

M Walker

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 11:11:57 pm »
Thanks Paul sorry we seem to have got our wires crossed total time spent was 11 hours between two people and in all fairness it will probably be reduced from this as this was my first crack at them I reckon 8 or 9 hours total is about right but there is an hours travel which I have to incorporate into my price
regards Mark

BSF

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005, 11:16:44 pm »
Good luck Mark!

Hope you get lots of work from them.

Regards

Paul
Regards

BSF

M Walker

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2005, 11:21:03 pm »
Paul my quoted unit price was slightly lower than your top figure so I am happy that I am in the right area I dont know yet if I will get the permenant contract but I am there doing them at around the right price so I am hopefull
Thanks for your advice
regards Mark