Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

C-Thru.

New Build Estate, Supplying Window Cleaner!
« on: August 17, 2011, 10:49:37 pm »
Has anyone ever come across this one before;
I went to a new estate tonight canvassing, only to be told that Persimmon Homes who are building estate, 50 Done so far another 40 to go, are providing a window cleaner every 2-3 weeks free. I couldn't believe it!!!
I spoke to Lady in estate sales office the other day who said she'd been there for a month and hadn't seen a WC at all but windows were clean. Thought I'd give it a go anyway. I got from her the site surveyor's phone number so will call him tomorrow to see what's happening and how long they will be there. And will try to get that contract.
I spoke to several punters all of which didn't have a clue as to what was going on. Some say only the street side (fronts) were being cleaned. One guy told me they even came and steam cleaned all the paths the other day.
I guess its all part of new customer relations and keeps estate clean for potential sales.
Guess I'll just have to keep popping back to keep an eye on thing when they finish building.

I've never heard of this before. Pain in ass but what a contract to get!!
Anybody come across this sort of thing Before???

CLEANCARE WC

Re: New Build Estate, Supplying Window Cleaner!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 10:58:34 pm »
No.. never heard that one. everyone usually holds out with minging windows for 6 months to a year on the promise of the builder cleaning them once for free when the site is finally finished. I have never picked up a custy during the early to mid stages of a new estate, you have to babysit them if you really want them keep an eye on progress checking in regular . as you say get in with a couple of people to give you the heads up when the time comes.
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

g newton

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 11:16:56 pm »
often done whilst construction is still continuing and people are moving in
the builders cleaning co usually does it

sf

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 11:21:16 pm »
Had same thing last month on a new build Barrats site. still managed to pick up 6 houses. 2nd clean next week hopefully pick up a couple more.

H2GoKent

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 04:38:51 am »
I have some houses on a small estate (12 houses) that I do. The builder supplied cleans up til the last unit was sold, and then the householder paid.
Out of the 12 I have 5. As the other guy wasn't reliable a couple had ditched him, one of the people approached me while I was working elsewhere. I leafleted and pick up 2 and when I was on the estate more came.
So it's a waiting game I think.
A manager is generally someone who has been promoted to the position by someone else who didn't see them as a threat.
Hence all people are promoted to the level of their incompetence

windiewasher

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 08:22:16 am »
I clean 2 large estates for the building companys but only new and empty ones.the offices and showhomes.
Best work I have.
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

ascjim

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 07:32:05 am »
I've never heard that one. Was that priory walk?