Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pope vader

Re: Fascia & Guttering clean £15 front and back!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2011, 08:13:24 pm »
a lot of newbie start up thinking if they earn what they did in there job then they will be happy, and then a few months down the line realise how much can be made

a lot of wc think it is there god given right to earn £200-£300 per day like we have a trade that we spent years studying to do

Mike_G

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2011, 08:45:01 pm »
Thing is if this guy is new he might well be happy with just earning enough to pay his bills until he picks up more work, thats what I did when I first started, I had a mortgage to pay and I made sure I earnt the money to pay it and if it meant working all day for less than £60 thats what I did, dont get me wrong I would loved to of gone in and priced jobs high but at the time it just wasn't possible, everyone has to start somewhere and if he priced everything up at some of the prices you read on here he might well been homeless in a couple of months!

mci services

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2011, 08:59:36 pm »
Thing is if this guy is new he might well be happy with just earning enough to pay his bills until he picks up more work, thats what I did when I first started, I had a mortgage to pay and I made sure I earnt the money to pay it and if it meant working all day for less than £60 thats what I did, dont get me wrong I would loved to of gone in and priced jobs high but at the time it just wasn't possible, everyone has to start somewhere and if he priced everything up at some of the prices you read on here he might well been homeless in a couple of months!

I agree mike, it isn't easy starting out, and work is work.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2011, 09:57:05 pm »
3 bedroom house no less than £100,and loads of work coming in.

JUST GUTTERS

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2011, 10:13:04 pm »
I have one job i clean pvc front and back for £15 every 6 months ...£6 pound for windows on top
20-30 minutes tops.....  I tried these maintenance cleans with my customers but lost track..
This one custy keeps reminding me now...
  there is another guy on this site who cleans ALL the whites..EVERY CLEAN.. £10 min
www.justguttersni.co.uk
clear-clean-repair-replace

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2011, 10:13:33 pm »
Not after he's taken any fixed costs and variables off, wet weather, ill health, bank holidays and time in the nick  :)

He'll get his dole money what ever the weather!!!!
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

Spruce

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2011, 10:17:19 pm »
I wish we could get prices like that up North.

I quoted £95.00 for a gutter internal and external clean, fascias and soffits, large conservatory roof clean and all windows and my quote was laughed at. It should have been £120.00.

I charged an extra £3.00 for a brush over front gutter clean that took a couple of minutes last week for another customer. I thought he was going to have a heart attack when I asked for that and I quickly had to think whether I call 999 or 911 for the emergency services.

Spruce  
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)