Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

garry22

Day rate question 2
« on: June 28, 2011, 01:05:29 pm »
Following on from Gareth's recent post about day rates, how much would you expect to pay casual labour per day?

I'm talking more about general stuff such as pre vaccing offices rather than a skilled HWE person.

Thanks

Mike Halliday

Re: Day rate question 2
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 04:20:08 pm »
£40. maybe £35 if they are working on the side.

its a buyers market round here with loads of people wanting work, so easy to exploit the poor masses :D
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

derek west

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 04:22:15 pm »
2 words

minimum wage.

from edge2edge

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 04:33:55 pm »
Derek Dont you just get minimum effort/attitude for that then.........I dont have casual labour as such but if i did i would always pay them a sensible amount because on the job they represent me and surely thats got to be worth it me thinks for a little more incentive/professionalism from the person.........Regards Alan(swindon)

derek west

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 04:45:39 pm »
fair point alan, personally i would agree with you if i was after a carpet cleaner employee but just vaccing and stuff, i'd probably go min wage. but never the less, a valid point.

clinton

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 04:51:04 pm »
Maybe min wage and if they do a good job and fin the job on time maybe a little more..

Bedfordshire Oven Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 06:04:08 pm »
In my experience, and I may be wrong but
I advertise for staff at say £7.50ph or £8, I get the world and his wife apply, they apply from upto 30 miles away,  they may start but seem shocked and leave when I expect them to actually work hard.
All they want is the good hourly rate.
If I advertise at say min wage or £6.50 for example I seem to actually get realistic people apply, who actually live local, and seem to actually need the job rather than just the higher hourly rate. Those people have stayed and cut it.

Again just to point out this has been my experience.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 06:33:18 pm »
when ever you ask a question like this you always get the.... pay peanuts get monkeys .... comment.

if you are offering a low wage then  you will only get the dregs of society applying but I have some really good people who i can call upon to help me who are willing to work for poor wages.

i have a 55yr old guy who cleans with the tenacity of a army Sargent major he just loves to come out and have a good laugh while we work, we did a big health club (through the night) we had the club music system on full blast and played obstacle course with the rotaries... he loved it and it gave his mundane life a bit of excitement.

I have a leaflet distrubutor working for me now he works for food and an 1/8 of ganga...... cheap as chips :D

gwrightson

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 07:00:22 pm »

I needed some body last week for 4 days, and paid them £10 an hr, i need somebody for 3 days next week and agreed on £60  per day .
they are happy and i,m happy.

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Mike Halliday

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 07:04:46 pm »
3 days next week.... I'll do it for £55..... gis a job :) :)

Billy Russell

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2011, 08:16:19 pm »
I have a leaflet distrubutor working for me know he works for food and an 1/8 of ganga...... cheap as chips

I like this, genius idea!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D

gwrightson

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2011, 08:18:21 pm »
3 days next week.... I'll do it for £55..... gis a job :) :)

no chance Mike  ;)   Dont want to wear you out for your forth cumming   :o  event  .

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Matt Steele

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2011, 08:58:32 pm »
I have a leaflet distrubutor working for me know he works for food and an 1/8 of ganga...... cheap as chips Cheesy

Hilarious

markpowell

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2011, 02:53:22 pm »
I pay I disagreeistant £7.50 per hour, i would hate to think i would have to go back on my own again, can do an extra job per day and dont even feel like ive been to work.
Mark

garry22

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2011, 05:32:19 pm »
I know what you mean Mark.

The lad that used to help out got a full time job. I had to do a sizeable office by myself last week (one of those where everything goes wrong!) and it nearly killed me.

Hence the question.

Interestingly, the last one wore a pedometer on a large job where he walked behind the pile lifter most of the day. He did a couple of miles!