Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

charles911

porty question
« on: June 28, 2011, 05:22:37 pm »
my machine arrived other day alltec advnce. i love it but its really heavy.
can i get ramps for on and off van and into ppls houses ect? if so where from???

Aquakleen Restoration Services

Re: porty question
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 06:34:28 pm »
I tip my extracta on it's back wheels then on to the van. I have a small van but anything bigger you will need ramps. I bought some from Northern Tools and they do the job just fine

markpowell

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 06:52:08 pm »
Join a fitness first £25 a month unimited use :-X :-X

Colin Day

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 07:29:49 pm »
I have no problem with mine, you just need to learn the 'snatch' technique.... ;)

Billy Russell

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 08:12:40 pm »
Speak to Clinton the man mountain!!!  ;D

He puts it on his one shoulder, the hose on the other and the wand in his back pocket!!!!!! ;D

Where he puts his sebo, i dread to think!!!  :o

;D ;D

Joe H

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 08:50:48 pm »
The Scorpion (3 vac) advert used to state (can lift into a Transit with one hand) [or similar phase]

I didnt believe it so was sent a video of John Bolton lifting it into a transit van with one hand. Amazing.

Went out o my van and yep, lifted the Scorpion in with one hand
Only did it the once mind.
But you younger wippersnapers should be able to do it all day long.

M.Acorn

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 08:55:21 pm »
Sometimes carry my steempro,did it last week over a customers lawn,as I didn't want to get the wheels dirty
What goes around comes around

charles911

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 10:41:13 pm »
 ;D I already pay fitness first but it aint workin! Im thinkin motor bike ramps.  Oh... ya know when ya emty fresh water tank.... should i empy it all with pump or not go past the point of know return???

Jim_77

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 10:48:34 pm »
Doesn't it have wheels up near the handles, so you can back it up to the van and tilt it in?  Or is that the airflex?

I think the John Bolton technique with the Scorpion is to park it facing the van, tilt it back so the front wheels go up to the van floor and then in she goes.  Will that not work with the advance?

the way I used to load my ninja was to park it facing the van, stand sideways crouching and sticking my knee out behind the machine.  I'd then lever the machine up onto my inner thigh and roll it in on the back wheels.  Will that work?  You just have to keep your back straight.

Regarding emptying the machine, if you get into the habit of only just having enough in the tank to complete your job, you can empty the rest of the water out with the vacuum hose, just hold the edge of the cuff in the water so you don't strain the motors.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 11:06:36 pm »
Doesn't it have wheels up near the handles, so you can back it up to the van and tilt it in?  Or is that the airflex?

Its the AirFlex. I took the wheels off mine. Wouldn''t want it lieing liek that in my van anyways plus makes it harder to get a good hold of the machine when taking it up tenements.

Charles, like Mr T says  "grow some nuts! gggrrrrrr" :)

As said above, tilt it on the back wheels, once the smaller front wheels are touching the floor of your van, lift machine up (using the handles) and wheel the machine in. Its easy. No ramp needed and I have a transit.

Tony

john sliman

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2011, 11:17:23 pm »
i use a 5 foot length of plywood to run my nmachine on to van and use it sometimes to take it up steps at customers house.
john
john sliman

garyj

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2011, 11:33:51 pm »
I had a pair of metal ramps once as they were given to me. Handy especially as didn't have to empty all the water out after each job, they were heavy though (ironic!) and a pain to carry around.

benny d

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2011, 07:57:44 am »
I bought a 5 foot ramp from Machine Mart.
With my dodgy back thats the only way I can get it on the van but it saves massive pressureon your back.
You only get one back so look after it.
"If i'm not in action, I'm in traction"
Voted 397th best looking carpet cleaner in West Sussex 2015. Up 10 from last year...

Joe H

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2011, 08:09:26 am »

I think the John Bolton technique with the Scorpion is to park it facing the van, tilt it back so the front wheels go up to the van floor and then in she goes.  Will that not work with the advance?

Nope, thats not it Jim.
Move the machine toward the van with the lifting handle toward the van.
Reach across the machine and grab the handle.
Get your knee into the front of the machine (the end where the switches and drain is).
Lift with one hand together with a knee lifting action.

Although the Scorpion is the lightest of the triple vac machines (about 80lbs), its still a fair weight taking into account its shape as well.

I still lift the Scorp into my van (Fiat Scudo) using the one handed technique but with my other hand lifting a part of the machine that is near to my body. So my way is 2 handed and a knee.

clinton

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2011, 09:00:46 am »
Billy ;D erm not sure about the wand mind ;D

Maybe get some ramps charles as gary said but they are a bit of a pain to carry round too..

Colins right with there is a nack to lifting it too.

Sometimes if your van is low you can tilt the machine on its back wheels and the front will sit on your van and then just lift and thats if your van is low enough mate..

If all fails you could always have 10 weetabix for breakfast or 3 macie dees  ;D

markpowell

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2011, 02:33:08 pm »
It seems to me that Portables are getting that heavy, that they are no longer portables, if u get me :P

clinton

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2011, 03:48:22 pm »
Your spot on mark n guess soon they will be easy to leave in the van mate.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2011, 03:56:31 pm »
Hi guys

That was exactly the conversation I was having with Chris at alltec on Monday, that porties are becoming less portable.

cheers

Doug

jim mca

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2011, 10:22:13 pm »
I find it easier to put in my steampro using the front 2 up and lift than
my airflex mini that needs a lift in