Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

poleman

George
« on: May 11, 2011, 08:14:20 pm »
This Friday I'm buying a window cleaning business (10k) and need to transfers his jobs from George to my work list on my George

Does anyone know how to do this! I did email Paul 24 hours ago but still no reply!

bobplum

Re: George
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 08:39:46 pm »
i think he has to go to settings and go into merge/export? and export it to you
bob

poleman

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 03:29:58 pm »
Still no email from paul! can anyone help me please! doing the deal tomorrow!

poole bay

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 04:16:25 pm »
Andy you want to sale me that work back what I sold you talbot woods cash waiting

dave0123

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 05:07:55 pm »
Fastest way to do it for the mean time until you move them to your copy of George is get the data from the fellas comp install George on another PC or laptop and import it should take less than 5 mins
Dave.

poleman

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 10:44:49 pm »
Well still no relpy  :'( and its now only 12 hours away for the deal to be done!

poleman

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 11:11:19 pm »
manage to export into a spreadsheet of my own work from George, so the other window cleaner can do this to his but how do i export a spread sheet to my george!

Carl sorry need all the work!

dave0123

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 11:22:52 pm »
as i said before, get the fella to do a backup to memory (the backup at end when you exit) stick download George on another pc import the data from memory stick you will have it all there in 5 mins tops. Then when Paul replies he may be able to transfer them across either way still going to need the data file.

its really simple
Dave.

poleman

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 11:41:31 pm »
as i said before, get the fella to do a backup to memory (the backup at end when you exit) stick download George on another pc import the data from memory stick you will have it all there in 5 mins tops. Then when Paul replies he may be able to transfer them across either way still going to need the data file.

its really simple

I see what you mean now Dave, when he does a back up of his jobs you get the option to save to a different place other than the Internet! but why to a different pc! as your just moving the problem to one place to the other! I can export his jobs to a disc then put it on my pc but not sure how to export the list to my George!

poleman

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 11:57:50 pm »
OK I might have sused it out! I done a back up as you said dave and the file that saved to a disc opens to a export file which would load into my george! well fingers crossed anyway LOL many thanks for your help dave  ;)

dave0123

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2011, 12:07:30 am »
I see what you mean now Dave, when he does a back up of his jobs you get the option to save to a different place other than the Internet! but why to a different pc! as your just moving the problem to one place to the other! I can export his jobs to a disc then put it on my pc but not sure how to export the list to my George!

because George runs on drive C and you cant have two copies on one pc but you can import two different data's from two accounts of George but only view one at one time, but if you done that you would have to change your data from each copy of George data from your own to the one you bought etc. So if you have a laptop you can run them both at the same time one on each comp until you speak to Paul and i presume he will be able to do something or advise you of the best route.

Yes when George backs up to the internet it will ask to upload somewhere else upload it to disc or memory stick so ask the person you are buying the round from to do this then download George on another pc and import the data with using the data restore program and its done.
Dave.

Andy Foster

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2011, 08:23:32 am »
I asked this question of George people the other week and they told me that there is no way of doing it!

Even thought it says 'merge/export', only the export part works.

poleman

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2011, 09:18:20 pm »
Hi Andy

Yes final got a reply from Paul and he has said the same thing  :'( however he thinks he might be able to get me just the jobs! I hope some as it would save me a hell of a lot of time lol

Andy Foster

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2011, 09:35:27 pm »
Hope he does mate... took me bleedin ages to input every job by hand!   :( >:( :(