Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

P @ F

Anybody with a Transporter ?
« on: October 03, 2005, 08:49:17 am »
Hi , im getting the VW on Wednesday but im in a bit of a pickle about where to put the tank, i want a 400L , but im not sure if vertical or horizontal , if anybody can offer advice or pics of theirs it would be superb , and any details of how you secured your tank would be nice too .

Thanks in advance        Rich   P @ F   :-\
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Re: Anybody with a Transporter ?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 08:53:43 am »
HI Rich

You could ask the supplier of the tank, if they can supply a securing kit for it.

You would also probably be best, having a horizontal tank on the floor.

If in doubt, visit your local garage (VW) and ask their advise.

Hope this helps

P @ F

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 09:01:16 am »
Yep the idea of horizontal did appeal to me more but im not sre on where to put it , i dont really want it in front of the side door or the back doors for that matter , i wonder if there is enough space for it to be positioned where the side door ends , this woul still allow access to the van , and should leave a bit of room inside the back door too ?
Come on , anybody with pics ?

Rich   P @ F

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2005, 05:40:43 pm »
Rich  - I have the VW and my flat 400l is inside the side door - that works well for weight distribution between the axles though I am no techie.
You might not have a choice as the gap between the inner arches might be too tight - I measured up and they were the same - not taking any plumbing into account - I never tried to physically fit the tank there though and it might just be a snug fit.
The horizontal tank gives more even load and I chose this after asking a lot of people's advice
Have you got a bulkhead fitted
The other thing was preference to use rear doors (not tailgate model) to access hose and bits and pieces
when you park up you have better access choice at the rear whichever side is at the kerb
I will try and post some photos
Red

P @ F

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 12:11:41 am »
Hey Davindo , just saw your other post about what i have done in the last 12 months to build my business , not going to do it now , got this annoying habit of coming home and getting too drunk to type !
I am sorting it out though !
Keep your eyes open in the next few days , its coming .
Wont be all that interesting , but who knows , there might be somthing in it that helps somebody , all i have done is plodded along and took what i can when i can , IT APPEARS TO HAVE WORKED !

Where are these photos then ?  CHOP , CHOP ! !

Rich   P @ F    ;D ;D ;D 

matt

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2005, 07:35:37 pm »
transporters -------------- robots in disguise

::) ::) ::)

preston powerblast

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2005, 08:13:04 pm »
I have a transporter Ive got a cut down 1000 litre tank which is now just a 600 litre tank, I have it sat behind the seats and mine has anchor points on the floor which I have a winch strap that holds the tank fast.
Good choice of van .
But one word of warning, make sure the slider rails are always well greased and the bottom track is always clear otherwise you will lots of trouble with side door as I have.

P @ F

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2005, 12:07:48 am »
Preston Powerblast , you say you have 1000 L tank cut down to 600 , how did you achieve this and still be watertight ?
Was it originally a 1000L ibc ?

Rich   P @ F   :D