Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Bob Allen

Yell Pages
« on: May 05, 2011, 05:30:35 pm »
I know alot of people are not really using yellow pages anymore and are using the likes of google etc.
Got my rep coming round next week, just wandering what deals everyone has got this year for their Yellow pages , yell.com etc
Bob Allen

Simon Gerrard

Re: Yell Pages
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 05:31:29 pm »
Bob,

They don't do deals, not even when you say you are leaving >:(

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 07:05:53 pm »
Mine was due around this morning but dropped out because she has chicken pox.
She wouldn't take the hint over the phone a few weeks back so it's going to be a wasted journey when she's well enough to actually get here.
I've already heard the you get "600 hits" stuff which doesn't collate at all with my website stats or the conversation with the potential customer when they call.  >:(

wynne jones

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 07:54:00 pm »
Neil, why say she wouldn't 'take the hint', either you are interested to some degree otherwise you are surely wasting your own valuable time and hers?

Yell reps are either born shisters or learn it on the job.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 08:39:14 pm »
Had a meeting with my guy today that went well.

He looked at our existing sites (which are pants) offered a lot of new services they have. Some which may well be of use in the future. Then when I hit him with the new sites that were completed only today he admitted that the only thing they could do for us was video production.

Shame I have a mate who used to work for Rockstar North working on some.

He left with us continuing our sponsored listing on yell.com and made an extra £34 lot year.

To be fair he knew his stuff and da ides so did I so didn't labour the point. He is back in 8 weeks to go over our book advertising that is yielding good results at the moment.

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 09:03:58 pm »
The book still does us well, and I would hate a customer to have a look in the book to find our number and we are not there. Yell.com yeilded nothing over a 2 year period, not one solitary call so that's been dumped.

Linds Russell

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2011, 09:28:55 pm »
I am due a meeting pretty soon and I will be reducing my Yellow Pages advert to a much smaller ad. I have a quarter page, full colour ad that is 1 of 2 colour ads on the page in the new smaller, "more user friendly" book and I get very few phone calls from it, so I'll be whittling back my outgoings on that front.

Yell.com on the other hand will be kept going!

Linds
Linds

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2011, 09:30:24 pm »
What worked well for me was changing our book listing from Absolute Floorcare to absolutefloorcare.co.uk with address and phone number.

Jim_77

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2011, 11:42:40 pm »
Bob,

Clive says he gets loads from YP in your area :D

clive ware

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2011, 08:01:46 pm »
Got the area sown up Jim!! ;D

Bob Allen

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2011, 09:15:39 pm »
You wish...Mr Ware!!
Bob Allen

Stu.Clem

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2011, 11:50:29 pm »
CORRECT! they most certainly dont do deals!!! However I do know a man who used to supply awesome deals within this avenue of advertising and then some right  arseidiothole took it upon themselves to spoi it.... probs cost the uk cc industry MANY thousand £££'s of extra costs not to mention poss tenfold income potential.

Well done that man  :o

Stu