Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Uploading Own Photo
« on: February 04, 2004, 09:24:13 pm »
Changing the topic peeps can anyone tell me how to put my own pic in my profile?Ive tried using freeserve photo album dosent seem to work.
Help????

Thankyou

Philip Hanson

Re: Uploading Own Photo
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2004, 09:28:35 pm »
The only way to get a picture on is if it is on a web site.  Right click on the pic, properties then copy/paste the http address.

You could put your picture on your own website, upload it to the forum, then take it off your website.

I don't think you can just upload one from your own PC.

Silly
Editor, Professional Window Cleaner Magazine

"The irony of the information age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion"
John Lawton

T_W_CONTRACTS

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2004, 09:29:55 pm »
ME TOO IVE TRIED PUTTING CORRECT WEBPATH/MYHOMEPAGE BUT NO JOY.
I HAVE ALSO E-MAILED CLEANIT-UP
BUT THEY DIDNT GET BACK TO ME ???
stay safe and never take risk's

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2004, 09:30:40 pm »
Thanks for that ive tried doing that copy and paste from freeserve photo album website dosent seem to work?

Majestic

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2004, 09:44:06 pm »
What I did to get mine was click on the picture save as whatever , then when you see it it has a title pic1 or something like that  I went into my profile , then modify then I just typed my web address and the image title so to put mine on I typed in
www.windowcleaner1/img1gif
and after a few tries I did it , there could be a easier way but this worked for me

Neil

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2004, 11:05:04 pm »
Hey Silly
Nice one it works  ;D

STEVE71163

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2004, 11:27:14 pm »
The only way to get a picture on is if it is on a web site.  Right click on the pic, properties then copy/paste the http address.

Silly

Hi Silly
        I would be careful doing what you suggest on someone elses site because most have copyright on them :o

Steve

Neil

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2004, 11:32:56 pm »
Good point Steve.
The Photo I have used comes from my nephews site and as I have just raised 55k in sponsorship for him I dare him to complain.
But I suppose you could find yourself in trouble if you used someone elses image.
Is there any way of them tracking you down?

STEVE71163

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2004, 11:38:33 pm »
Hi Wylie
           I think your ok with your picture. Like you say he cant really complain can he ;D   But yes if you use pictures off of somebody elses site they can track you down through your internet provider.

Steve

Neil

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2004, 11:47:37 pm »
Hi Steve
You were talking the other day about people being more open about who they are.
I notice that if you check the properties of the picture they use then it leads you to the source
Maybe one or two on here may get caught out or am I getting a bit James bond? ;)

STEVE71163

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2004, 11:56:01 pm »
;D  Didn't notice that before now.

Steve

Neil

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2004, 11:58:07 pm »
Must be the Dinner Suit I am wearing ;D