Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

landy2

my website
« on: March 18, 2011, 02:57:42 pm »
hello 
my website only started last sunday it is listed on the 16 th page on google but checked  it on bing but its not listed at all  why is this it has been inserted to bing is it poeple dont use bing as much as google

Tom Kelly

Re: my website
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 03:11:45 pm »
Hi,

Last time I checked 90% of people used Google, with about 3% using Bing.

When you say it;s listed on the 16th page, what are you searching for?

Try optimising your page for something a bit more specific, such as "Window Cleaning Boston Lincolnshire" or whatever your geographical equivalent is.

There is no point doing any sort of optimisation for Bing or Yahoo. Focus on your Google optimisation.

cleaner-exteriors

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 06:41:57 pm »
Landy,

Different search engines rank sites differently, for example Google love links where Yahoo is more about keyword stuffing.
Also you say you are page 16, is that for your domain name or your keyword?

Regards Matt

landy2

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 06:58:40 pm »
domain name

landy2

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 07:25:27 pm »
working my way up fast on page 11 now  good  good  good  ;D ;D ;D

cleaner-exteriors

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 08:16:49 pm »
your domain name will rank quickly, due to it being the only listing with that name... really its your keywords you want to be tracking as a potential client is more likely to search "window cleaner + location"
rather than your biz name.
Try adding backlinks every day, start at around 10-15 per day. Easy ones to start with are links from blogs, type into Google window cleaning blogs, read the blog then add a comment, make sure the comment is useful and to do with the blog so the link is more likely to stick. So write your comment and at the end add an anchor link to your site (anchor link is a clickable link that takes you to your site without the code being visible)
The anchor link should look like this, just replace your site and keyword!

keyword

Thats just a start after awhile mix up the links using forum profile backlinks like this site, also use Edu and Gov links,these are very powerful as are contexual links.
Finally try web 2.0 links which are links from places like facebook and twitter, also you can write some articlesand submit to places like Hubpages and Ezines etc.
If you start using these stratergies you should soon find your site rising high for the keywords people are searching for.
Also set up a Google place listing and fully optimize it as it is an easy way to get on page one if you know what your doing  ;)
Good luck with your new site :)

Regards Matt

landy2

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 02:23:40 pm »
cheers for the info matt very helpfull

now on page 10 for window cleaners in my area

SteX13

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 05:51:17 pm »
Nice advice Matt.

OP. Search for free Google adwords credits and you should find $30 for free easy enough, this will be good so people can find you whilst your trying to get to page 1 and $30 will last ages for a window cleaner.

SteX

;)