Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JSMC

anyone applied their own signwritting?
« on: February 28, 2011, 07:05:10 pm »
i done a design few month back on a site but never bothered buying the kit.  Would be interested to hear peoples opinions

Ian101

Re: anyone applied their own signwritting?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 07:08:44 pm »
im a great believer in each to their own area of skill ... if i applied my own it would get plenty of attention but not for the right reasons  ;D

woody1

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 07:54:31 pm »
i done mine a few months back, as long as you have a good eye its easy took me two hours, just make sure you do it with lots of soapy water so you can move it about till your happy its on straight also do it on a hot day as when we done it when the sun went away it was harder to peel the backing off before it dried

SPE

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 08:50:28 pm »
add to that, if you are going to apply your own design, the simpler the design the easier it will be to apply...and take your time!    ;)

LWC

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 09:03:52 pm »
im a great believer in each to their own area of skill ... if i applied my own it would get plenty of attention but not for the right reasons  ;D

Couldnt agree more, you seen the mess of peoples windows who try and clean them themselves lol

Blue City Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 09:20:00 pm »
I've done mine last Sat - it took me and my employee 2h to do a high roof mwb transit. It's pretty easy and straightforward and if I were you I wouldn't apply it wet like most people do because the pros do it dry (ask any signwritting company), it's faster and less messy this way. But if you don't feel confident then do it wet.
There's plenty of videos on youtube showing how it should be done.
Oh, and remember to clean and dry your van before you apply the stickers.

Have fun  ;D
Chris
www.bluecitycleaning.co.uk
Non omnis moriar

Richard Neal

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 09:25:44 pm »
I did mine on my own took about 3 hours and saved me at least £150, just take your time and follow the instructions.
Im not scared of heights, just falling from them.
mrwindowclean@hotmail.co.uk