Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Simon Gerrard

HM Technical Support New
« on: April 18, 2011, 06:28:52 pm »
I've heard through the grapevine that Hydramaster are thinking about charging an annual fee for Technical Support. Not sure home much it is but apparently there will be discount off chemicals.
Any thoughts?

Simon

Mike Halliday

Re: HM Technical Support
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 06:41:48 pm »
but this must be for non HM customers only, if you bought a T/m from HM then I would think that entitles you to continued technical support. It would be taking the pee to spend £1000s with them and they then want to charge to tell you how to put it right if it goes wrong.

fair play to charge anyone else who has never put money in their pockets.

I might try the same thing, if anyone rings me with a problem I'll tell them to get stuffed unless the pay me a fee but i will give them a discount on any cleaning they have done.

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Colin Day

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 06:53:00 pm »
Maybe a better way for HM would be to have a premium rate phone number for technical support. Time is money, I think it's fair enough for them to want to be recompensed for their time....

richy27

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 07:08:19 pm »
I agree with simon and believe its a good idea.

I think the prob is martin is tied up on the phone constantly sorting out and diagnosing prob that can be sorted out on the job with obviously no gain to hm at all .

i guess there technical service would be free under warranty .

a great company like hm that produce great machines and have service to match i would be happy to subscribe because where would i be wthout them. I have been using them for some time and cant speak highly enough about them

mark shannon

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 07:46:00 pm »
Apparently Martin can spend hours diagnosing problems in very old machines only for the owner to buy the part elsewhere. Think they've had enough of the free loaders.

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 08:12:01 pm »
I think the best way ahead for them is to just have a polite word with the people taking the pee.

I called quite a few times the past year for help, well maybe 5 times but then i spent around 2k with them last year, so that's fair enough. The ones who spend nothing with them need talking too.

People just need to play fair.

Maybe a spend amount needs to be met per year to qualify for technical help (telephone)

Len Gribble

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 08:34:58 pm »
I’ve never phoned them or Prochem so they can charge what ever they like (don’t blame them) isn’t the norm phone a friend first (if you have any) ;D
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Martin Cox

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 06:09:36 am »
Hi all,
We now have the support packages ready to purchase online in our shop,
Please buy them before you need them to save time on the day.
You can also call us by phone and pay for the support packages via a credit card.
http://hydramaster.co.uk/file/support.html

jasonl

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 01:12:14 pm »
A shill OP ever I saw one!
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2011, 05:32:20 pm »
Don't blame them.

Price seems reasonable to me.

garyj

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2011, 05:51:00 pm »
Price is very reasonable and no doubt a fantastic service from a company that is already known for its customer service. This thread just looks a little set up though, expect I'm wrong, I usually am  :-[.

Oh and maybe I'm disgruntled as I have a TM and phone Hydramaster first if I have a problem  ;D

Martin Cox

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2011, 06:12:56 pm »
There's nothing dodgy about this post,
We mentioned the idea to a couple of customers a few weeks ago to gauge reaction to the idea, Simon just happened to post the idea on here.

Matt Lindus

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2011, 10:35:23 pm »
Martin, why not set up a premium phone line for tech support, just as PC providers do. £1.50 - £2.00 per min is around the norm.

By doing this, people will pay as they go, so to speak.

Matt

Leighbrad

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2011, 08:09:42 am »
Don't do premium lines so I for one would give any business running such a wide berth and need to talk to martin or Craig  1st to find out what is involved in the new set up b4 commenting but must say without reservation martin has been a diamond geezer  when you want to know something about fixing your truck mount Craig is also but you normally get to talk to martin And we do have a machine brought from them in the last couple of years and  spend a few bob on chemicals and parts so I will give them a bell today to find out about the conditions
Leigh
 :-\
Carpet and Upholstery In Cleaning Essex and East London Since 1982
www.aaroncleaners.co.uk/
www.kingswoodcleaners.co.uk/
www.carpetcleaners-essex.co.uk/