Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Angelo

carpet tiles please help !!..
« on: February 10, 2011, 03:48:52 pm »
hi guys can you please help me on this one . i have a job to do next week on carpet tiles is heavy soil and very bad stains with soft drinks , coffe and tea , the problem is this people dont want this carpet to be clean with bonet clean because some tryed that and did not work , so they ask me to do HWE clean for demo and then i might get the job , so what is the best cleaning solution and method i should use ?
 please help . :-\

Griffus

Re: carpet tiles please help !!..
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 04:32:43 pm »
As long as they are synthetic then a real problem solver is Powerburst. Works like magic on real mingers.

Much to be wary of though, especially with tiles.

Have you offered a demo of your own bonnetting? Fusion Clean is great stuff and should cope with this.

One last point, some tiles shouldn't be wet cleaned at all, unless of course you're at last chance saloon and the customer agrees to the risk.

peter maybury

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 08:04:00 pm »
You will probably find if they are lowlevel loop tiles the best result will be achieved by hot water extraction followed up by bonnet buffing.
There was a dicussion on this earlier in the week http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=117497.0
Bear in mind that  if you put a truck mount over the side that was bonnet buffed you would remove all the grit and poop from the pile that the bonnet buffing has left behind as it only cleans the surface.
I have cleaned 100,s of 1000,s of tile over the years and think that extraction then bonneting will give you the best results.
Out of the bonneting systems the texatherm is by far the most impressive yet but you do need a lot of pads to do any reasonably sized areas and I have started building up a stock and are up to about 25 now. I will be putting up for sale my chemdri bonnets if anybody is interested or will be on e  bay soon. peter@queensland-uk.com

Peter Maybury
www.carpetcleanersnewport.co.uk
http://carpetcleaningswansea.com

Andy Hogarth

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 08:25:26 pm »
Powerburst followed by bonnet is my preferred  choice, done some right mingers myself lately.

Ian, which tiles shouldn't be cleaned? What is the risk?

Andy
Www.2venturegroup.com

derek west

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 08:51:01 pm »
i always HWE carpet tiles, (never had a problem ian) then bonnet off the moisture with a dry pad.

prespray hot, agitate, then rinse off with trucky or porty, then dry bonnet over, amazing results. did 700 sq meters today, came up larvleeeeee.

Griffus

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 09:25:18 pm »
Powerburst followed by bonnet is my preferred  choice, done some right mingers myself lately.

Ian, which tiles shouldn't be cleaned? What is the risk?

Andy

http://www.tretford.com/products/tretford-tile/

I was called to take a look at a disaster zone after the local branch of a national franchise had trashed a nursery full of these. Left them over-wet and subsequently mouldy.

I ended up taking the local Tretford rep in to a meeting there and he confirmed that the tiles were shot. He said they were beyond saving.

He did say that ordinarilly, and as a last resort that HWE was possible as long as no overwetting and speed dried.

He pretty much reiterated the maintenance guide, i.e. Host or Envirodri as standard, LM for dirtier, HWE when no other option AKA all or nothing.

Simon Moat

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 10:03:04 pm »
Keep PSI 100, HWE and you'll be fine, plenty of 'dry passes'.

derek west

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2011, 11:02:15 pm »
Keep PSI 100, HWE and you'll be fine, plenty of 'dry passes'.

surely psi and dry strokes are related to the vac potential of the machine being used!

markpowell

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2011, 11:37:14 pm »
ultrapac renovate pre spray and craftex champion rinse then bonnet to aid drying, to avoid wick back
Mark

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2011, 11:41:58 pm »
I have cleaned miles of tiles excuse the pun ;D never had a problem with HWE keep the psi down plenty of dry strokes treat it like upholstery if the psi is to high you will soon notice it around the edges on the walls :o

I often run over it with a dry bonnet turn the pad over every 20sqm couple of snail blowers

bitumen backed tiles will flood out easy with to much water as the backing is an asphalt or tar like composition

Never had a problem with citrus gel on them either, on aggitate rinse extract.
Steve T       All the gear but no idea!
www.leatherrepairsouthampton.co.uk

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2011, 12:04:58 am »
We have just cleaned about 600sqm this evening. It was a railway training center. It was minging, really heavily soiling and oil all over the place. Really realy realy good vac with sebo followed by hot prespay using Prochem Power Burst. We used prochem citrus gel for the oil and it was very sucessfully removed. We used a buffer to agitate then HWE (Prochem Fibre and Fabric Rinse) with Truckmount set at 400PSI. We were quite happy with the result but to stop any wick back we run over the lot with low speed buffer and dry pads. Blowers dryed as we packed away and was dry when we left. Very satisfying evenings work for 3 of us.

davep

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

Re: carpet tiles please help !!.. New
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2011, 06:17:44 pm »
no. have you read the lable correct?

Product Description & Directions For Use:
A mildly acidic detergent cleaner and rinse agent which can be applied by sprayer or extraction machine to help prevent most colour bleed and cellulosic browning on susceptible carpets and fabrics. Fibre & Fabric Rinse is ideal for use on wool carpets, oriental rugs, cotton and natural fibre upholstery fabrics as well as all types of synthetic fibres. B109 will condition and soften all types of wet cleanable fibres and fabrics and will help restore correct pH by neutralising alkaline cleaners and prespotters. Approved by the “Woolsafe” Organisation for use on wool and wool-rich carpets.
Portable extractors: Dilute 10 to 20ml B109 per litre of warm water (1-100 to 1-50).
Spray treatment: Dilute 20 to 50ml B109 per litre of warm water (1-50 to 1-20).
Truck-mount units: Mix 1 litre B109 with 4 litres of water to make metering concentrate. Set flow meter to 2 gallons per hour. Always pretest carpet or fabric for colour fastness and possible colour or texture change before proceeding. Do not use on water sensitive fabrics. Apply through soil extraction machine as a cleaning and rinsing agent after normal cleaning or prespraying procedure. Alternatively, apply B109 solution by pressure sprayer after normal cleaning procedure. Upholstery fabric should be rinse extracted or sprayed with B109 solution and then blotted with a clean white towel. Do not mix B109 with other cleaning agents. B109 may be combined with Prochem deodorisers and sanitisers if stated on the product label

What is expensive about that. Cost of materials should always be taken into consideration when pricing a particular job. Out of curiosity...what do you use then?