Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Anthony Heagney

Scotland......
« on: February 10, 2011, 01:11:49 pm »
Alright guys i was just wondering if any of you were from Scotland and what areas if so.

Also are you able to tell me where in Scotland you can train in carpet cleaning etc? Fancy the Prochem course as a starter but wasnt sure if they do it in Scotland. Just trying to factor the full cost of training into my business plan, includung travel etc.

Cheers folks

Linds Russell

Re: Scotland......
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 03:32:23 pm »
Hi, I'm in Livingston.

If I was you, I 'd give Cleaning Systems UK a call - 01334 656787 as they have a good training course which is both theory based and hands on. They are a great source for machines, repairs, cleaning solutions and advice. They are based in Cupar.

I probably call them around twice a month when I have a problem that I don't know how to fix and they are always bang on with advice. They stock Prochem, Chemspec and Craftex cleaning supplies amongst others. If you do the Prochem course, you will only learn about Prochem products whereas they can show you the others too.

http://www.cleaning-systems-uk.com/cs/index.html

Cheers
Linds

Anthony Heagney

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 05:55:10 pm »
Lovely, thank you very much!

How long have you been in the carpet etc cleaning business if you dont mind me asking? I take it your also feeling the pinch since everyone seems to be skint?

I work at the mo but looking to do this part time initially. My friend and i are trying to pull a decent business plan together at the mo so again thank for the info.

Linds Russell

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 06:23:08 pm »
I have been going since July 2008.

I actually have quite a steady work flow and have a guy working with me part time which works out brilliantly. In saying that though I am currently skint due to most of my recent work being commercial, which means it takes  longer to get paid. It is one of those months too where I am shelling out for road tax, MOT, van repairs and insurance which I had budgetted for but there is always something to scupper your plans!

I think coming in with someone else will have its ups and downs as you need to be prepared to have little or no profit for around the first 2 years, so you are both jointly responsible for that and any liitle profit you do make will be halved and may not seem worth it. Having 2 people on bigger jobs is brilliant as you work far more efficiently and get more done within tight time frames.

A friend of mine came into it part time as he was still employed but he soon packed in his job and became a full time carpet cleaner.
Linds

Fraser Thom

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 07:16:24 pm »
Alright guys i was just wondering if any of you were from Scotland and what areas if so.

Also are you able to tell me where in Scotland you can train in carpet cleaning etc? Fancy the Prochem course as a starter but wasnt sure if they do it in Scotland. Just trying to factor the full cost of training into my business plan, includung travel etc.

Cheers folks

In terms of a supplier, take a look at Restormate near Newcastle.  John and Lynn are so helpful and I always get my delivery's next day.  Dont think they offer training unfortunately.

ryan mca

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 12:57:33 am »
Tony

If you try carpet cleaning part time its hard work been doing it for 8 months
if you want to progress to full time then you will have the same costs as a
full timer and you need a job that gives you enough prime time free a 9-5
monday to friday wont work also get advice from business gateway on partnerships
as this will test the best friendships. Training cant recommend cleansmart
enough just make sure the cource you pick is insurance approved.