Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Graeme@Access

Re: Weather
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2010, 06:13:50 pm »
Hi,

3 hrs on the Kingston Bridge today, nightmare. RWD vans with no real weight are not built for this. Toying with the idea of buying 2 tonne of sand and keeping it in the back. Got an estate car (yes its embarrassing) but runs fine in the snow. Fully booked till friday night and no room to kick and rebook. The joys.

Getting married on Saturday. Pics will be nice, but thats if everyone can get here.

Happy Days

Graeme
Access (if we can get it) Cleaning Solutions

Bob Robertson

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2010, 06:22:28 pm »
Good luck with the wedding Graeme.

Are you off somewhere hot for a honey moon or have you got the missus to help with all the Christmas bookings  ;D

P.S. The post office must be struggling as well , my invite has not arrived yet! ;D

Robert Watson

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2010, 07:28:43 pm »
Yeah, good luck Graeme, she`s a lovely lass.
All the best on the big day.You deserve a good holiday, I know how hard you`v worked.
I never got an invite either Bob >:(
The Kitchen Door Centre

clinton

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2010, 07:50:38 pm »
Good luck graeme mate.

Its it a bank hols in scotland rab n bob  ;D

Graeme@Access

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2010, 08:14:51 pm »
Hi,

Invites will be in the post for our party on Jan 15th. At Glasgow pace you'll get them on the 16th if it doesn't improve!

Cheers guys

Graeme

colin thomas

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2010, 08:29:09 pm »
 this weather is weird, last year i managed 2 days work in a month with the snow we had then, just couldn't get out, this year so far hardly any snow and no lost days but all around me, chaos!!

sympathies to all of you who are losing money, it's not a good time of the year not to be earning,

colin
colin thomas

DK

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2010, 08:46:21 pm »
Got about 25 jobs this week to do, only done two today,was supposed to be working at Edinburgh airport tonight,but couldnt go, was out tonight,the ice was horrendous, got 5 jobs for tomorrow but dont think ill manage.

Regards

David
Dry Fusion (Scotland)

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2010, 11:14:57 pm »
Still got loads of snow down here.not much work going on

robert meldrum

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2010, 11:27:19 pm »
Bob

Are you back and fully functioning...........hope the achilles is ok !

So far I've managed all jobs although I had difficulty staying on my feet on Saturday in Erskine.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2010, 07:26:54 am »
I live near an Army transport training camp they have 4 wheel drive HGV vehicles, Bulldozers, landrovers, JCBs all lined up covered in snow they have'nt moved for weeks.

mean while.....

we have villages cut off running out of food, appeals on the tv asking for 4 wheel drive owners to volunteer to carry around midwifes and district nurses. people stuck on roads for 8hrs. lorries jack-knifed and blocking roads

its just doesn't seem right to me ::) ::)
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Joe H

« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2010, 07:32:00 am »
As we paying for the army anyway, get them out on the roads doing something. 
As you say Mike - it aint right.

The countrys grinding to a halt.
What happens in Austria and Switzerland, Sweden and Norway etc.

robert meldrum

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2010, 07:43:18 am »
Joe

What happens in these countries is, they have tougher driving tests which include abilty to drive in slippery conditions. They also use winter tyres with deep treads which are fitted during bad weather.

We have a little 4/W/D jeep which has never got stuck and due to the tyres rarely needs the 4WD engaged. Many modern cars have low profile and wide tyres which are the worst on snowy conditions and drivers are slowing down too much and dropping gears on inclines instead of keeping up the momentum in as high a gear as possible.