Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wynne jones

Re: SEO ?
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2010, 06:40:27 pm »
Problem is Stu, they can't guarantee first spot. That's like a football manager saying they are going to win the league this year. It is competitive and you have no control over your opposition. Sure if they've looked and the comp is rubbish then maybe they feel confident, but they can't say for sure. If you get a monthly report (which most companies do) I'd want to know what they are doing. ie backlinking and from where and with what keywords.

It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

stu_thomson

« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2010, 07:00:14 pm »
So its a gamble, in your opinion should i pay the money and give it a go?
Yes they did say they would give me a monthly report
stu
People say that money is not the key to happiness, but I always figured if you have enough money, you can have a key made!

JandS

« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2010, 07:28:20 pm »
So you pay someone to optimise it and he does.
2 days later another carpet cleaner approaches
him and asks him optimise his, what happens then?
My guess is nothing 'cos he can't guarantee anything
in the first place as has been stated.
Nobody but Google knows how it ranks, these SEO
people are guessing just like the rest of us only they're
charging for it.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2010, 07:36:03 pm »
no seo company can ever guarantee to get your site to No1 or if they do, keep it there, it can be a very long process. To be honest, I get sick of them ringing me  :(  If you need the work then its worth a punt at £50 pcm. Although Google are the most popular search engine, the others are also important.   

garry22

« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2010, 07:48:18 pm »
Stu,

1/ Ask them to show you other sites that they have performed this service on.

2/ Get them to show you tracking results.

If they are any good they will run tracking software. If they do not, don't touch them.

You should see something like this...

Vernon Purcell

« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2010, 11:43:14 pm »
Problem is Stu, they can't guarantee first spot. That's like a football manager saying they are going to win the league this year. It is competitive and you have no control over your opposition. Sure if they've looked and the comp is rubbish then maybe they feel confident, but they can't say for sure. If you get a monthly report (which most companies do) I'd want to know what they are doing. ie backlinking and from where and with what keywords.

No one can guarantee 1st in google, not even Google