Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steve Chapman

Re: Just watch this !
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2010, 08:39:14 am »
Pure rubbish, positive thinking is one thing, but to suggest we can control external things in our life is completely base less and there is no evidence to support it. Show that to someone with cancer and tell them they attracted that in there life and see what response you get  ::)

Steve

Tony_Browning

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2010, 09:03:48 am »
This is basically a rip off of  Napoleon Hills work, mainly derived from the book "Think and Grow Rich", written in the early 1900's.

Sadly it is now becoming a sort of modern day "religion", suckering people in and producing many MLM type companies with all the hype.

The content, as when it was first written by Mr Hill is, IMO Excellent stuff, but sadly in todays world of materialism, apathy and ignorance, will pass most people by.  :'(
Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire.
"A Local Company with a Passion for Exceeding Expectations"

The Great One

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2010, 12:37:30 pm »
Hi

There is nothing wrong with MLM companies, they are an excellent business model for those that choose to do it, some are successful and some are not, just like any business, MLM companies are not to be confused with Pyramid schemes which are illegal.

Regards

Martin 8)

robert meldrum

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2010, 01:53:58 pm »
Woods and Trees comes to mind...........

A few years ago I attended a presentation in a little village near Doncaster on a simple " hands on " therapy I'd read about and expected to totally unimpressed.

However, I watched as someone with scoliosis ( look it up ) had their spine slowly and gently " straightened " normally this would only happen with extreme surgery and metal rods / screws as normal manipulative therapies have no effect.

wynne jones

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2010, 02:10:45 pm »
Pure rubbish, positive thinking is one thing, but to suggest we can control external things in our life is completely base less and there is no evidence to support it. Show that to someone with cancer and tell them they attracted that in there life and see what response you get  ::)

Steve

Taking cancer as an example is a bit extreme to try and prove a point Steve. I think it is well proven with science though that the way we think significantly affects our external reality, far more than we realise.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

john aitken

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2010, 02:58:42 pm »
what a load of tosh..... i know vibration not sure if its positive or negative tho  ;D :o ::)

my wife says vibration is mint  whats she mean ???????????????

boshravie

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2010, 08:15:59 pm »
I am sorry that you feel like this steve, you see 90% of general public don’t believe this, because it doesn’t make sense to them, its like when the (WRIGHT BROTHERS) were inventing the Air plane, no one believed them, because it just wouldn’t make sense people fly in the air to the masses, you have to believe in to (THE SECRET) then you see the result, and it is very hard for most people to poop their paradigm.

Albert Einstein pointed out that imagination is more important than knowledge. Why? Well, when you examine it. You will come to find that’s because knowledge is limited, imagination is not.  :)

derek west

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2010, 08:47:17 pm »
proof is in the pudding, are you minted boshy, put some pics up of your mansion, page 3 wife and bugatti veyron, then and only then will i believe in the secret.

wynne jones

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2010, 09:09:15 pm »
Lets take all the 'vibrations' bollox out of the equation, what is it saying?

That what you focus on, really believe deep down and keep going till you get it your are more likely to get. If that thing is achievable and realistic then I think that's pretty common sense and we can all think of something like that we have done ourselves.

Steve Chapman

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2010, 09:20:30 pm »
That's called determination which every one has to a varying degree, but that is still only one factor in life, you still have to take into consideration other factors you have no control over,
As for the vibration idea, that's the whole big secret of the universe isn't it  ::)

The only secret is the people creaming money of this sort of thing  ;)

It plays on peoples desire for a better life, but most will be disappointed or dissatisfied with there lot in life, when they don't achieve what's promised,

Steve

« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2010, 09:35:57 pm »
proof is in the pudding, are you minted boshy, put some pics up of your mansion, page 3 wife and bugatti veyron, then and only then will i believe in the secret.

;D

wynne jones

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2010, 10:34:34 pm »
Steve

You keep going on about things we have no control over as an arguement. I don't think anyone is disputing if you want to grow another leg, no matter how much you think, it ain't going to happen.

On the other hand there are many many things we think we have no control over when actually we could.

robert meldrum

« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2010, 11:01:07 pm »
Interesting programme on the box tonight showing how easy it is to persuade the mind with suggestion.

It was about how easily people are persuaded ( against their intent ) to buy stuff they don't need or to have them drink from two bottles having been told one was a £4 bottle of plonk, the other expensive, £40 wine. They gave their comments on both as if they were completely different, one being excellent, the other a bit basic.

In other words................their brain accepted what they were told rather than what they senses felt.

They wanted to believe something .............so it happened !

boshravie

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2010, 11:29:13 pm »
As I mentioned before, believers are believers and non believers,  never can posada them, I know for my own case, this has changed my life 100% so I rest my case,  and I whish all the believers and non believers best life that’s all.  :)