Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

neil 47

Re: My first cancellation due to redundancies.
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2010, 07:16:39 pm »
..... Or, add Oven Cleaning on to your Carpet Cleaning business and upsell the carpet cleaning while you're there scraping cack out of an oven ;D

Joking aside.. It works for me ::)

Hi Colin

I think you right ,I,ll try that  ;D

Neil
IICRC

Colin Day

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2010, 07:20:54 pm »
There's plenty of ovens for us both Neil ;)

wynne jones

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2010, 07:23:55 pm »
Wonder why you have lots of work for that Colin. I know it's  unpleasant but its something people feel they could do just like CC.

Could it be the price point, what are you looking at 40-50 quid?
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Colin Day

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2010, 07:30:29 pm »
Yeah, £40 for a single and £50 for a double.... Only takes an hour to an hour and a half now, so not as profitable as C/C ing... But hey, it gets me out of the house :D

clinton

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2010, 08:56:52 am »
Sounds like its your strenghth colin the oven cleaning and maybe concentrate more on it if your doing well mate:)

murky

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2010, 09:28:02 am »
People put up with shabby looking carpets for all sorts of reasons, you should see mine!

But when the oven starts smoking when its not been cleaned for a while and you cant see across the kitchen when your cooking, well you tell her it needs cleaning then! Brave eh!

But you say I'll call that nice oven man that comes and cleanes the oven and your on a winner!.

I do some EOT cleaning and if I can get away with some Mr Muscle or liquid Brillo I will do it, anything worse and I call the oven cleaning man, just isnt worth it otherwise, and he knows how to take the numptys off and the glass out, I dont so I leave it to the pro's.

However it must be a great way of getting extra work in, once your in the house and doing your kitchen sink marketing and it keeps you busy on one side while the other is quiet.

And yes, I have just rung our oven man up to book him before Crimbo, the power of advertising.

Murky

Colin Day

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2010, 01:37:26 pm »
Could you get him to come and do mine Murky? Mine's minging.... ;D ;D ;D

wynne jones

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2010, 03:13:09 pm »
How times change, wasn't all that long ago it would be done by the Mrs. Of course nowadays that would be unthinkable after spending all that money down the nailbar.  ;D

If you can get 3-4 a day even at £40 that will see you through the recesion.   
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Joe H

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2010, 03:13:40 pm »
Cant find a good un when you want one, can you Colin?

CARPET KNIGHTS

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2010, 05:24:51 pm »
So long as you can concentrate your oven cleaning to the Helston area ie. close proximity then £40 is good otherwise travelling time drops that hourly rate and then it becomes less appealing! well done mate see you in December!

Cheers Goron