Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

erithwc

is wfp Environmentally friendly ?
« on: November 08, 2010, 04:45:21 pm »
Before i say anything im not against wfp infact i am getting a system soon but i see alot of window cleaners stating that wfp is Environmentally friendly how is this possible ?

when using wfp you use hundreds of ltrs of water each day, your van/car gets moved more often plus i would think that a car/van fully loaded with a wfp system full of water will release more gases than a car/van with just a bucket and ladder.  ???

if wfp is Environmentally friendly that will be great i can use that fact to promote my service when i get the system

formb

Re: is wfp Environmentally friendly ?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 04:47:49 pm »
Did you know:

Detergent stays within the ecosystem for 80+ years?

Llaaww

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 04:59:27 pm »
Before i say anything im not against wfp infact i am getting a system soon but i see alot of window cleaners stating that wfp is Environmentally friendly how is this possible ?

when using wfp you use hundreds of ltrs of water each day, your van/car gets moved more often plus i would think that a car/van fully loaded with a wfp system full of water will release more gases than a car/van with just a bucket and ladder.  ???

if wfp is Environmentally friendly that will be great i can use that fact to promote my service when i get the system

not if you run it on home made biodiesel.
if it is dirty it is fair game

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 05:19:06 pm »
The detergent angle is little thought of. Put a spot the size of a £2 coin in a bucket - put in 3 litres and froth it up. Now tip it away. How many more times do you need to put in 3 litres and tip it away until all trace is gone?

3 or 4 times so 10 litres just to rinse a bucket.

Now imagine you are trad and washing through your scrims and towels and especially applicator - how many litres of water will your washing machine use to get rid of all the detergent?

Then the detergent has to be taken out of the system at the waterworks using 1000's of litres again.

Now wfp can be very green. You have 3 x 1000 litre IBC's which you collect water in from the roof. Let's say it averages 10ppm because you run it through clean pipework which you wash through every week.

You can use this to clean windows. No detergent.

Now vehicles -- many traddies have older cars; some petrol or old diesel which burns fuel at 20/30 mpg. Whereas if you have a nice 4 year old Euro 4 van diesel returning 44 mpg you are far greener - especially if you use a mix of legal biodiesel.
It's a game of three halves!

SPE

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 09:34:09 am »
No I dont think it is
as has been said, the fuel use and continual short journeys in a van
water usuage and the manufacture and use of di resin,
how about all the carbon poles and the disposal of them once they are worn out, plus hoses, reels, filters etc.

compare that to trad now

dd

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 09:41:58 am »
People like to find all kinds of reason to justify wfp.

Simple answer is NO.

If you think it is great not to use detergent, compare how much DI resin is used by the average operator and that is without all the other environmental costs (water, waste water, filters, broken down pumps, poles hose and all the other extra equipment).

There are environmental costs to trad but IMO not nearly as much.

I use wfp but do not try to make up reasons to justify to my customers.

ronnie paton

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 09:47:24 am »
he thing is when running abusines you have to add into the equation health and saftey and prioritise these issues.

now it can be enviromentally if you use rain water but i would be interested inknowing how to make my window cleaning company more eco friendly.

is resin eco waste? it can be reginarated but how?

Perfect Windows

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 01:49:31 pm »
Did you know:

Detergent stays within the ecosystem for 80+ years?

I'm interested where that came from.

And from an EU website: "When the Detergents Regulation was adopted in 2004, the criterion of ultimate biodegradability ensured that detergent surfactants did not pose a risk to the environment."

I'm wfp, by the way.

Vin

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 03:33:35 pm »
as marketing plus there are more stronger benafit than invro aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargument its stale .