Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Blue Frog Systems

Promoting Gutter Clearing
« on: November 04, 2010, 02:55:26 pm »
Have got 3 free days this month that im going to do gutter clearing.

Whats the best way to promote this ?

Obviously start with my customers.. But would you call them individually or send out a mass text ?

Also thinking of knocking in areas where there are alot of trees, where you can see the leaves coming out of the gutters. Have seen a few areas like that.

Thought about leaflets, but i am only going to be doing it for 3/4 days as im renting the gutter vac out, the work wouldnt nessasarily come through for the week i want it too.

Please discuss...
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

prestige cleaners

Re: Promoting Gutter Clearing
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 04:01:10 pm »
stick to your custs, much easier than canvassing for it, let them know your renting it for a few days and can you fit it in? call or text them i would.

good idea about renting one, who does that? hire shops?

bobby p

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 04:43:21 pm »
i was doing gutter cleaning ,now and then ,pretty good money yes, but i have done an about turn after seeing STU-MAC  posting about a customer complaint about a blocked drain. if anybody so much as touches a gutter ,later there could be legal comeback if somebody gets damp in there house.  sure you may not get any complaints for ages ,but the odds are at some point you could end with a court case.

at the weekend im going to peel off my GUTTER stickers off my van .  im just sticking to windows only

prestige cleaners

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 05:02:38 pm »
yeah ive had two problems after cleaning gutters, one cust said one of the joins started leaking after i had emptied it. (could have been me, i did rest the ladder on it) i only charged £15 for the gutter, ended up going back twice to fix it so a 15min job ended up taking me an hour! waste of time. going to have to get one of those stand off things for my ladder, so i dont have to touch the gutter with it.

the other cust i fixed a leaking join, (cleaned rubber seal) then a year later it started leaking again, so asked me to do it again, he said your not going to charge me are you? i said yes as its obviously not my fault. he said well im not throwing bad money after good! cheeky git!

a couple of months later i was cleaning their windows in the rain and noticed it wasnt leaking, there was a gap between the gutter and the slates and water was falling straight down. i did tell them, but didnt get an apology.

Dave Willis

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 07:29:33 pm »
I have taken my gutter cleaning sign off my van now. Whilst I quite enjoy sucking them out with my vac, I hate scrubbing them clean these days.
Windows are the easiest way to earn a living.

newbroom

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 07:49:26 pm »
I have gone the other way i'm averaging 4/6 gutter cleans a month its a good earner and i have them all booked in again for next year. Happy days