Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

digi flow controls
« on: November 03, 2010, 06:36:50 pm »
got a digi flow control, that flashes up bat when in use,  i assume this means the battery is going flat,  but what voltage do i need to run the system,  as when it is flshing up battery i seem to lose pressure on teh water as well

Lee GLS

Re: digi flow controls
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 06:38:28 pm »
mne usually runs up to 13.2, but can go down to 11 before it cuts out

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 06:41:09 pm »
mine is running at 14.1 when engine is on   but drops to 11.something when engine turns off,  if battery is knackered will get a new battery,  but want to make sure it is that, 

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 06:50:34 pm »
I would go through checking all your connections first - esp any in line fuse.

my system used to play up like that on the batt, but ran ok with the engine running finally found that
the inline fuse had corrosion on the end - replaced with a waterproof one and been fine even since ( 3 months ) so didn't need a new batt.

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Lee GLS

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 07:13:12 pm »
have you tried putting the battery on charge over night and see what the volotage is in the morning, then you will know if the battery is taking charge, then you can see how long it lasts

dave.e

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 07:59:39 pm »

Just found this while looking at batterys

State of Charge   Voltage
100%
75% - And as low as you want to go!
50% - Deep Cycle only!
25% - Your battery WILL suffer damage...
less than 5% - Discharged   12.7+

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 07:48:16 am »
just founds this regarding leisure batterys

Voltage shown on voltmeter Guestimate of battery condition
12.7v or higher Fully charged
12.5v   Three quarters charged
12.4v  Half charged
12.2v  A quarter charged
12v or lower Empty

and a car

To check a battery surface voltage, remove the positive terminal protective cover. Connect the +positive side meter lead (red) to the positive side battery terminal. Connect the - negative (black) side meter lead to the negative battery terminal. With the vehicle not running and the car sitting over night the battery voltage should be between 12.5 and 12.8 volts.

Connect the voltage meter lead the same way you would in a battery static voltage check, Start engine (do not drive) at engine idle the voltage should be between 13.6 to 14.3 volts. If not the alternator may need replacing.

Step 4 - Checking Alternator Amperage Output

Testing the amperage output of the alternator is good for measuring the amount (not the level) of voltage the alternator can produce. This test can be tricky because if the alternator is weak it can still show it as producing amperage. Which is good, but if the voltage is low, it will still allow the battery to go dead. To check the amperage output of an alternator an amp meter is needed. Once the meter is connected start the engine. Next turn on all electrical accessories and raise the engine idle to about 1200 RPM. The alternator should output the max amperage it was designed to produce. Example: a 90 amp alternator should output about 88 amps. Note: An alternator cannot sustain maximum output for long periods of time. If the alternator is forced to operate at maximum output it will overheat and fail. An alternator is designed to operate at max amperage output only for a reasonable amount of time.