Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

james roffey

Alcopop stain
« on: November 11, 2010, 07:18:33 pm »
Went to do a survey a couple of weeks ago a very nice house six bedrooms and a cream 100% wool carpet  while the parents were away the kids spilt an alcopop of some kind on the carpet at the top of the stairs so highly visible, they have now booked me in the clean all the rooms and i would like to be able to remove this stain, while i was in the house i tried my solutions uk microsplitter which is usually very good, but this did nothing to the stain.
what would you suggest i was going to rinse it out first perhaps try some prochem stainpro what else should i try, would sod met work on this type of stain and could this have a adverse effect as i would not like to make it worse.

Carpet Dawg

Re: Alcopop stain
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 07:22:42 pm »
What colour is it? and what make of drink was spilt?

Probably screwed!  :'( Probably die'd in to the fibers of the carpet.

You could try the hot iron method thingy with some red-x and tea towel.

Stian Pro wont do much to this stain.

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 07:38:06 pm »
Presuming that have already rinsed the stain and you want to make an impression, I would get your cotton buds out and dab test using as many products you have to hand.
If you do find one that gives an answer run with it.

james roffey

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 09:16:24 pm »
Not sure of the exact type of drink that was spilt but the stain is pale brown the daughter said it was  one of those fizzy alcopop drinks but could not remember which one.

wynne jones

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 04:41:42 pm »
You have multiple things to contend with. The sugar in the drink, the alcohol element and the dye. Ideally you want to extract. Have it dry and then try and reduce any stain.

A lot of people on here seem to recommend Mpower for pretty much everything, maybe you could try that?
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.