Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

Which is better

www.fitz2kleen.com
28.6%
2 (28.6%)
www.fitz2clean.co.uk
71.4%
5 (71.4%)

Total Members Voted: 7

fitz2kleen

Re: Website opinions please
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2010, 04:41:47 pm »
Fitz, I apologise for having a bit of a pop at the content of one of your websites. I certainly didn't intend to make it personal.

As someone who generally charges lower prices than a lot of carpet cleaners I just get a little frustrated sometimes when I see people suggesting that all low price carpet cleaning is carried out by cowboys. It just doesn't help to dispel the myth that if something sounds too good to be true then it probably is. It's not always the case and some companies really do offer their customers some great deals.

You're right, there are some people out there who charge low rates and do a terrible job, but there are also those who charge lower rates and do a very good job. In fact, there are plenty of companies who charge very high prices and do an appalling job, such as Enterprise Cleaning.

I just don't think someone's pricing is necessarily an indication of the quality of their workmanship.

Anyway, the .co.uk website is great.

matt
no need to be so touchy, we are on the lower side of pricing too compared to most here, i am referring to the 'whole house for £20' brigade not the ones who price themselves based on a realist knowledge of their customers and what they are willing to pay.

Matt Seymour

Re: Website opinions please
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2010, 04:49:15 pm »
Fitz, I apologise for having a bit of a pop at the content of one of your websites. I certainly didn't intend to make it personal.

As someone who generally charges lower prices than a lot of carpet cleaners I just get a little frustrated sometimes when I see people suggesting that all low price carpet cleaning is carried out by cowboys. It just doesn't help to dispel the myth that if something sounds too good to be true then it probably is. It's not always the case and some companies really do offer their customers some great deals.

You're right, there are some people out there who charge low rates and do a terrible job, but there are also those who charge lower rates and do a very good job. In fact, there are plenty of companies who charge very high prices and do an appalling job, such as Enterprise Cleaning.

I just don't think someone's pricing is necessarily an indication of the quality of their workmanship.

Anyway, the .co.uk website is great.

matt
no need to be so touchy, we are on the lower side of pricing too compared to most here, i am referring to the 'whole house for £20' brigade not the ones who price themselves based on a realist knowledge of their customers and what they are willing to pay.

You should probably make it a bit clearer on your website. Can't say that I've ever come across anyone offering to clean an entire house for £20. That is a ridiculous price.

The worst I've seen is a living room for a fiver with a minimum work order of £10. I'm guessing that at that price he is either not exactly professional or a pretty bad businessman!

Still, on the subject of the website, which is the professional one?