Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

windiewasher

does anyone email companys?
« on: September 27, 2010, 10:54:43 am »
to find out if they might need a window cleaner etc?
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

kate1

Re: does anyone email companys?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 11:01:57 am »
You really need to ring first Doc, to get the correct mail and decision maker.  We call it pipelining.  Get and glean as much info as you can, renewals dates etc.  Also you dont want to be seen as spam, so you need to get the "opt in" from people to receive information.

windiewasher

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 11:11:29 am »
ok,what do i say to companys?
im interested in this because im very good on the phone!
You really need to ring first Doc, to get the correct mail and decision maker.  We call it pipelining.  Get and glean as much info as you can, renewals dates etc.  Also you dont want to be seen as spam, so you need to get the "opt in" from people to receive information.
Total £  so far.

kate1

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 11:22:09 am »
Probably need to ask for whoever is in charge of maintenance/facilities, dependent on the size of the building.  Be calm, dont sound too pushy dont let the receptionist put you off, they dont make the decision. 

I tend to mimic who im talking too, but I dont use a hard sell approach.

Even if they say they have somebody, normally have a brief chat,  is it on a contract? whens the renewal.  If its not on contract, I would try and get someone in on a price/service factor.

Also try and get email addresses, then you can send mail, ask if they mind.

Its a pretty straightforward sell Doc, but you would need to make at least 125 calls a day to get results

windiewasher

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 11:51:22 am »
what expect 1 result from 125 calls?
Total £  so far.

kate1

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 12:04:07 pm »
No, but to do a good campaign you need to be constant.

Not sayng that you would need to do that amount of calls to get a result.

But you will have meetings, engaged, not in the office, on holiday, sick, answserphone, so you may make 10 calls and speak to only 1 person due to those reasons.

gordonswindows

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 01:08:37 pm »
Hi Doctors

great advice from Kate she is the professional and knows the best methods,

but and it is a but

we email newsletter or press release then bits of news about their business our business the local economy and drip feed them our brand until they get used to our name.

We recently finished a facia job where I have yet to meet the client, introduced via Linkedin then did deal via e-mail having sized up the building on google  (no telephone calls) the lads went out completed the job got it signed off, i sent the bill by e-mail and they paid it by bacs to the bank

No it doesn't always work but traditional methods are traditional for a reason but being different and using new methods can sometimes let you stand out from the crowd.

Try it and see

Gordon
Don't Give Up
@askforthemoney

kate1

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2010, 01:11:43 pm »
Nice one Gordon.

Thats why you need to glean as much info as possible, so you can do the newsletters, and the slow drip

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2010, 02:34:06 pm »
just my opinion, i'm not saying it carries any weight.

Most windy companies are hopless on the marketing side and could do with some consultation. Even basic stationary such as compliment slips is often non existent.

kate1

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2010, 02:54:43 pm »
For some people it might be a confidence thing using the phone.

clarkson

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2010, 05:22:30 pm »
   Hi
   I tried a company once , designed me a catchy email template sent out 12000 emails to there clean data base. i got 4 leads which didnt get any real work

I wont try this again wasnt cost effective. the difficulty is getting clean data that are remotely interested in your services.

As Kate says its best to call but if you are going to call to get there email, you might as well just telesale your services to them?

cheers

john

kate1

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2010, 05:32:19 pm »
Yes John

Ideally the aim is to get an appointment, initially but then if thats a no go, try and get renewal dates, email address.

clarkson

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2010, 07:50:52 pm »

Hi Kate
   I agree but you are approaching it from a business development perspective. nothing wrong with that but if you arent a dedicated sales proffessional you havent got the time to do the whole canvas, appointment,meeting,  presentation, close.

A lot of the guys on here have got to do 40 hours on the poles to earn there living, then they fit there marketing in.

I think proper marketing skills have there place but the business has to be a certain size before these can be applied in any real sense. As you say a day on the phone, but you need a team out doing the work whilst you do that day.

if you are getting a 3 bed semi once a month for 10 pounds from mrs smith . Do you really need to set up a sales meeting for that?

By the way didi you ever go canvassing in derby?

cheers

john

kate1

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2010, 07:58:25 pm »
Hi John

Yes Im talking commercial, not domestic.

No harm in outsourcing this kind of work, because if you dont have the time to do it, somebody can do it for you, as long as you can give a couple of days over to do appts.  So you can still go out, knowing that someones on the phone on your behalf.  Or you set aside an afternoon, and make the calls yourself.

No, didnt go out in Derby, wasnt got back to.

Completely understand about time issues, but I think you have to make time to grow.  If I make appts for people I have to say you need to give me a couple of days that you can go out and see them, I need the alternative choices because I just cant give that day, as an option, there has to be a choice.

clarkson

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2010, 03:53:10 pm »

Hi Kate
  I did email you on your acasia email when you proposed going to derby. If you have anytime free for sales b2b,b2c or canvassing.

I have been trying to get someone for awhile. i have advertised on gumtree,jobcentre, leicester mercury, and people per hour they are either top class proffessionals wanting massive basics or complete novices who couldnt do the job for various reasons.

Derby is a little out of our way but Loughborough,castle donnington is between us. we have contracts in loughborough anyway.
  We also go to notts once per week, wouldnt really want domestic rounds there but would go for commercial.

if interested let me know.

john@leicestercleaners.com

cheers

john

p.s. sorry for hijacking the email thread!! :)

kate1

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2010, 04:32:02 pm »
Hi John

Emailed you