Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

landy2

summer custys
« on: September 28, 2010, 04:50:18 pm »
it has started some of the new custys said can you leave it as winter is here

why dont they just say they cant aford it

Llaaww

Re: summer custys
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 05:00:13 pm »
Same every year. Best customers are found in the winter. Get your marketing head on and get out knocking doors. If you get them this time of year they will stick. Then when the others want to come back in the spring you can enjoy turning them down.  ;)
if it is dirty it is fair game

prestige cleaners

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 09:13:29 pm »
good idea,

Skyglide

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 09:34:58 pm »
Agreed, any can you leave it till Spring will be left waiting forever.  You want the ones that expect clear glass all year round, proper people, forget the rest.

geefree

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 09:39:10 pm »
We have done plenty of canvassing this summer, with success.

but went out last night and tonight, nothing at all!

outside of the house is now of no interest to the customer, winter is definately here.

but i first started  out at the start of a winter, and i did well .... so im hoping  ;D

geefree

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 09:40:19 pm »
We have done plenty of canvassing this summer, with success.

but went out last night and tonight, nothing at all!

outside of the house is now of no interest to the customer, winter is definately here.

but i first started  out at the start of a winter, and i did well .... so im hoping  ;D

mci services

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010, 09:46:55 pm »
I seem very occasionally to get the opposite, at the end end of winter I get its ok we will do them ourself now summers here :o had that three times which isn't a lot on the grand scheme, and very rarely lose them come winter either but I have a feeling on a couple of new customers this year but we will see.

lee_dewing

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2010, 09:50:21 pm »
I can't understand these custies?

If you like having clean windows, why would you want them dirty a third of the year?

As said tight fists :D

I like the new custies that phone in december from your leaflets; and must have it done immediately.

Basically have inlaws over for xmas dinner and don't want em seeing their dirty windows ;D
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

Londoner

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2010, 08:42:15 am »
As the days get shorter and the weather gets worse having a few customer to put into hibernation is good. Don't go off in a huff and drop them. Say yes OK thats fine, I will be back last week in February.

Keeps a customer and its one you won't have to find come the spring. Don't try to understand them, you never will. You are a window cleaner not a psycologist.

lozsing

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2010, 08:45:36 am »
I agree with vince , darker nights are coming , its good to thin things out a little over winter .

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2010, 08:55:15 am »
The way to combat this is to charge more for customers who come on board in spring.
It doesn't matter if you loose them come autumn then.

david watts

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2010, 09:18:01 am »
Same every year. Best customers are found in the winter. Get your marketing head on and get out knocking doors. If you get them this time of year they will stick. Then when the others want to come back in the spring you can enjoy turning them down.  ;)
no you can enjoy a pay rise ;)
life is like a box of chocolates you get the crap no one else wants

Dave Anderson

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2010, 02:12:17 pm »
Like Vince says...but I would advise them that you will charge a extra fee to get them clean again...lets face it they will be much dirtier....

Cheers
Dave.
The more I know the less I know I know ...

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2010, 02:29:54 pm »
Just read your resolution dave, i suppose this has to do with depression.

Aside from the mission statement their are a few other tools in the box.Here are a few.

Every successful business has a higher purpose, what is yours?

every successful business has a secret sauce, a specail way of doing things that sets it apart, what is yours

every--------------------- has a talkable difference, the thing that makes people remember, talk about, and refer them. what...?

You'd be very surprised what a large amount of structured thought can do for you and your business.