Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

GB Window Cleaning

quotation take up rate
« on: September 28, 2010, 04:11:33 pm »
Hi everyone,

Ive heard it said on this forum before that you should be looking for around a 50% take up on job quotes!

So for example if i quote 10 houses and 5 take me up on my price then im bang on.
If however i only get 3 or 4 take ups im too expensive!

And on the other hand if say 6 or 7 people except my offer then i should up my prices!
What does everyone think to this theory? wrong or right? more or less?

All answers welcome, good or bad!

Best regards, G.B

Ian101

Re: quotation take up rate
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 04:28:57 pm »
I have a fairly good idea of what the going rate is for houses in my area and always quote higher by a couple of quid so far only had 1 out of loads say no e.g goint rate £7.50 my min is £10 so thats what I quote.

Not sure if the theory of only getting half of what you quote is accurate 100% of the time.

I think by looking and acting professional and being confident this overcomes most peoples objections on price before their ever mentioned by the prospective customer.

Jack Wallace

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 05:12:56 pm »
I don’t think the % rule applies the quite same for domestic work, Sure some will turn you down but most will accept the price assuming you are not unscrupulous enough to rip them off.
Only when Mrs Jones down the road tells them how much her cleaner charges her will they have second thoughts and dump you.

Commercial work however is different; they are all about price and therefore often get more than one quote, that’s when your %'s come into play.

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 05:50:49 pm »
thanks for you views and answers so far, anyone else think this theory is wrong or right?

scottt24

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 10:04:10 pm »
i think you are more or less correct, however, in my experiance most custies dont mind paying a bit more if they feel that they can trust you.

we picked up 1 job recently from a recommendation, we went and quoted, the price we gave was approx 1/3 more than they were already paying but they said yes because they 'liked the look of us'.

we turned up a few days later to clean and they told us that 4 more of their neighbors wanted us to clean theirs too. None of them were unhappy with the service that they had been getting from the other cleaners but thet all felt that they looked 'dodgy' and there was 'something they just couldn't put their finger on'.

so be polite, tell the truth, treat them as you would want to be treated and most but not all custies will not mind paying for that peace of mind
Thanks,
              Scott

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 10:13:17 pm »
He Sknows that scott, he was asking a question.

I think the quote thing comes from builders and other tradesman where people often get several quotes, the accepted wisdom from the customers view point is that they don't take the cheapest nor the dearest.

Mostly, as stated above people will go with who they like most, money being secondary.

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010, 10:21:21 pm »
@ scott...

very well said!!!

We all have to remember that our clients/customers are not just paying for the service, their paying for you! the kind of person they wont to employ to be on their property!

Best regards g.b