Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

AuRavelling79

Re: Quarterly clean should i or not?
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2010, 05:27:23 pm »
How long will it take is the question? Over an hour and it becomes marginal at £30.

I have a small block of ten flats including communal entrances. Which I charge £53.50 on every quarter. It takes me an hour and twenty minutes plus one invoice which takes about 5 minutes to produce plus a stamp and a walk to the postbox.

So an hour and a half of which ten minutes is in the evening during non-productive time. I think it is nice work but wouldn't drop below £50. A fiver a flat every quarter is good value for the custies and for me.

No, I lie ... if I was pushed I might do it for £45. I can do it in the rain. Or start at 8.00 am. Or after 5pm. That's useful.
It's a game of three halves!

Londoner

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2010, 07:14:28 am »
£30 is still five times the minimum wage. Better than you would get working in Burger King or Kwik Fit, and a lot better than nothing which is what you get if you say you are not going to do it for £30.

Business is an auction.

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2010, 07:31:01 am »
but when you run a business the price you charge is not just for your wages is it!
the price you charge should cover all over heads & expences!

Londoner

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2010, 07:42:35 am »
It depends on what stage of development your business is at. If you are still growing take anything and everything. A job is a job. You only get picky when you can afford to be.

andyjm1

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2010, 08:24:13 am »

Business is an auction.

Not always, I've got jobs where I happen to know I was the only quote.

the bfg

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2010, 09:10:31 am »
It depends on what stage of development your business is at. If you are still growing take anything and everything. A job is a job. You only get picky when you can afford to be.

I couldn't have put it better myself,   well said that man