Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

martinj

Best starter pole and brush
« on: September 24, 2010, 12:29:14 pm »
Hi all

After a month trad I have seen the light! Ive seen the future and its a long pole with a brush on the end! Only trouble is which pole and which brush. Going to go for the esr16 backpack from john hewitt and he says just get his cheap impressor pole with brush to get started until you know what you want. Would you guys agree with this ? Can anyone recommend a decent budget pole and brush, got about 150 to spend for 18 footer, cheers

Wc Solutions

Re: Best starter pole and brush
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 12:36:06 pm »
18ft pole gonna be long enough mate? - gotta think about conservatory roof in way and so on...

for £150 you can get a very very very good pole.

just google gardiners poles systems and checkout the C-LX poles.

i have the 22ft and its a top pole! its got a good closed length aswell - which is handy for the bottoms ...

im sure alot of guys on here will say go with the clx mate.

if you have only been a wc for a month then im guessing you are still learning ....

wfp cleaning can be alot to get your head round - making water and so on.

if i was you i would see on here if anyone is trading in your area that can take you around for the day to show you the ropes ...  will help you out alot mate

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 01:13:27 pm »
could'nt agree more clx 22... light, compact and that little extra length tucked away for when you need it without unnessacary(?lol) weight for general 1st floor windows which is the bulk of most peoples work i presume.
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 03:16:10 pm »
18ft pole gonna be long enough mate? - gotta think about conservatory roof in way and so on...

i have the 22ft and its a top pole! its got a good closed length aswell - which is handy for the bottoms ...

if you have only been a wc for a month then im guessing you are still learning ....

if i was you i would see on here if anyone is trading in your area that can take you around for the day to show you the ropes ...  will help you out alot mate
I would listen to this guy mate good advice, and if i were you i would go for a van mount system :)

paulben

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 03:53:20 pm »
Try a Harris pole to start with it does 99.9% of my work a vid on utube how to make it
Do not steal the government hates competition

Wc Solutions

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 01:29:53 pm »

I would listen to this guy mate good advice, and if i were you i would go for a van mount system :)

stick with the backpack idea for now ... you may end not liking wfp cleaning or not get enough work to carry on being a wc.
lets hope not tho hey.

if/when you do pick up more work and grow your business then a van mount is a must for me.

alot say i dont need a van mount but give it time and we all end up with one... doesnt have to cost a bomb so stop looking at those over £2k system cuz you can do it all for around say £600 odd at purefreedom for example...

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2010, 01:41:54 pm »
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2010, 01:43:24 pm »
try gardiners for a clx  or wintecs for a xtel

Richard 01903

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2010, 05:26:03 pm »
Has to be CLX 22 fantastic pole , its like having three pole in one great compact size and good reach and all for a good price!! 8) 8) 8)
You cant change the PAST But you can influence the FUTURE

Londoner

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2010, 09:44:08 am »
This one looks ok to start with.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170541703414&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Yes I agree, absolutely perfect. It looks like a universal which is a bit heavy but by the time you are ready for a better pole you will know what you want.