Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

gordonswindows

Re: Getting serious
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2010, 12:16:21 am »
Hi Cleeen

Give her a break

It is just like when a client calls you and asks how much to clean my windows?

You will probably want to see the house, what type of windows how is the acess does she have a conservatory etc etc

Kate needs to know the scale of your business ie £24 school or whatever

It is easy to sit at home picking fault but positive actions get positive re actions

And what better time to get a window cleaner on a forum than midnight, afterall you guys who still trade the old way work all day and collect or knock doors at night there is no point in Kate "talking" to you during the day now is there.

You see she has identified her customer has worked out a plan of action and is reeling you in

Now I'm off to bed

G'night all
Don't Give Up
@askforthemoney

roundbuilder

« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2010, 12:22:22 am »
sorry gordon but what a load of crud i want to know what will cost are you working on this together gordonswindows and kate1 as i asked a norkmal question and instead of kate1 answering you did gordon. Well think ill stay with the devil i know as something is fishy here.

kate1

« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2010, 12:46:32 am »
Ok Cleen, Im up as the same as you are, because I cant sleep.   Nothing to do at all whatsoever with regards to business.  No nothing to do with Gordon whatsoever.  Why are you  suspicious conspiracy etc.  Really what would I or Gordon be able to gleam out of this????????????????/ ??? ???

I am purely trying to offer a service, nothing more or nothing less.

Sorry i just dont get the connection between me and Gordon ?????

Nope Im not going to give prices out until I get some serious contenders, its not complicated.  Its a straight foward service, and if people want me to help I will discuss in a professional manner, as and when the time is fit.

Please dont try and make assumptions, or strange connections, when there not there. 

Ive been doing this for a very long time, and I hope that Im a professional in anybody that I represent.  We dont play games in our industry or have odd alliances

I dont want to sound too harsh or anything, and I certainly dont want to hurt anybodies feelings, but im too old for forming alliances or playing games

ts

« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2010, 01:04:44 am »
I cant sleep either lol whats been happening!

kate1

« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2010, 01:21:49 am »
TS, that did make me giggle it was like somebody running in the room and saying "was up"

gordonswindows

« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2010, 08:01:52 am »
Good Morning All

Well said Ewan
Don't Give Up
@askforthemoney

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2010, 08:18:13 am »
300 pupil primary school cleaned twice a year up here in the north east, cleaned by a large commercial window cleaning company  £24.00 (twenty four) per clean. (48.00 per year)

300 pupil school £24 per clean? Really? That isn't business, that is charity.

I am also shocked! £24??? how long does that job take??? wow!!!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2010, 08:18:22 am »
First of all I would say to Kate not to assess the results from here on just a few posts.
Sure it would need to be known first what the cost would be.  Any business person would need to know that - or at least to be able to set a limit on the costs.  As Ewan says, cost and value are often different.  I tell my more cost conscious potential customers that you can't have the best AND have the cheapest as no business could sustain that approach unless they had money to burn.

Anyway, without wanting to sound too thick, I'm not entirely certain what is on offer here.
Some of it I get, some of it not.
The sentence: "I would need a criteria, only commercial." is ambiguous to me.  Are you saying Kate that you would only try to get commercial jobs or are you saying that we can set a criterion as commercial only if that's what we choose?

Also, although I've heard of "Midas", I don't know what it is.  Some kind of business management software I presume.  I suppose like the original King Midas, we also might need to be careful what we touch  :) .
I'm also unclear whether personal face2face canvassing is on offer or telesales only.

ronnie paton

« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2010, 08:20:36 am »
Kate i would be interested but how i would see it working would be you getting the appointments and me priing it, that way you do what your good at and im able to get a price i want.

You would have to stipulate areas maybe obviuosly it would ause problems if you were alling the same company or if the data was saved then you would maybe be able to have several in the same area without calling the same customer but depending on the amount interested people you could well exhaust an area.

clearly the price would be important either per hour or per appointment and i believe the info needed to seel eah ompany would be personal to them and could be discussed individually, if it was me i would give you one of my portfoliios and you could get some personal knowledge of each company.

kate1

« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2010, 08:33:04 am »
Hi, sorry Paul, I will make myself clearer.

I would have to do it on area, and I cant/wont canvass for two people in the same zone, dosent make sense.

Yes it would only be commercial customers, as I dont think ringing people in their home to do domestic would work.

I would charge £12 50 an hour, and would hope to do at least 20 commercial calls an hour, make the appointment on behalf of whoever decides to use the service.  I would probably ask for a min hours per week.  With regards to Midas, yes anyone who uses this service would get the latest uptodate business management system included.

Thats the general outline, but I need to think about how I would sort the areas out, and also of course I couldnt do all the calls myself, so I would have to use other people.  I would expect for people to supply their own data, or at least make lists of companies they want to target.

Ronnie I will respond, but can you give me a wee while to try and establish how I would organise the areas.

Hope that helps