Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

sham33

Quick Merlin question
« on: September 22, 2010, 05:41:21 pm »
Hi, I've just changed all 3 filters in the Merlin and let it run for about an hour with a decent booster pump and my tds reading is 45ppm. The tap water is 475ppm before RO does this sound about right? Seems a bit high to me, tbh i'm a bit disappointed.

Paul Coleman

Re: Quick Merlin question
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 06:09:33 pm »
Hi, I've just changed all 3 filters in the Merlin and let it run for about an hour with a decent booster pump and my tds reading is 45ppm. The tap water is 475ppm before RO does this sound about right? Seems a bit high to me, tbh i'm a bit disappointed.

I'm a little puzzled with my merlin too.
The TDS from RO had gradually climbed to about 30/31 (tap TDS c. 200) and recently, the production of pure was down to about 400 litres a day.  Anyway the pre filters were due for a change so I ended up changing membranes too.  The production has shot up as I expected (about 60 litres an hour) but the TDS has climbed to about 35 - even after running for a while.  I do know that membranes take a while to settle down so hopefully this will improve over the coming days.  I may have to ease the waste restrictor (for lower post RO TDS) and face a higher water bill.  I have pressure of 45/50 with no pump.  Now that I'm on a meter, I can see me going the low pressure 40/40 route eventually.

My suggestion would be to give it a couple of days for the membranes to settle down a bit and to ensure that you take your readings when the RO is at least 10 minutes after a start-up (TDS can take a few minutes to drop after starting).

roundbuilder

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 06:12:35 pm »
yea my merlin is 40-45 to and my water is 400ppm before so seems about right mate

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 06:33:22 pm »
The merlin will always give you a 90% reduction so sounds right.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

sham33

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 06:42:26 pm »
Ok thanks, long as its working ok.

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 09:22:50 pm »
what pressure is your pump ?

mine runs at 70 PSI  my water TDS is around 320 and came out at 9

now they are over a year old and water TDS is higher at 380 ( seems to vary a little of late ) it's running at 26
but producing around 130 ltrs PH.

give a few days to settle down, if poss try to let in run for a period of 4 to 5 hours.

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience