Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

fitz2kleen

Sat/Sun premium
« on: September 04, 2010, 12:38:13 pm »
OK im sure this ones been done before but gonna start this thread:

Just off to a jobbie,have charged them a tenna extra for draggin me out on a sat.
Do you peeps charge a premium for week end work? and if so at what rate ?

Ta 4 reading, srry if ive taken you away from your coffee and time crossword :D
Regards Marc

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

Re: Sat/Sun premium
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 01:12:32 pm »
I don't charge a premium Marc, but I'm not that interested in working on a saturday just for a minimum charge job, unless I've got 2 or 3 booked.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 04:06:22 pm »
I work Saturdays & some Sundays, doing a dentist tomorrow.

i would do a minimum price price job but they would have to agree to a 8.30 start so i can get it done and out of the way. It would take an hour out of the day and i wouldn't have been doing anything anyhow.

i don't charge a premium though.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 04:32:00 pm »
Not sure, if it's a good customer and they just wanted a small carpet cleaning then yes I would do it based on their life time value and money already spent, if it's a new customer just wanting a carpet cleaned then I will weigh it up but I don't want to go out on a Saturday morning for £59 if I can help it.

Shaun

PS would have to be something special

Joe H

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 04:41:27 pm »
Saturday afternoons only sometimes - normal charges.

Sundays - only very occasionally and only if I really want to - depends on who the custy is - may charge small premium of say 10%

fitz2kleen

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 06:42:58 pm »
Thanks folks, varying replies but thats what I expected.
To be honest Id rather not work weekends as I work hard enough thoughout the week, but yep good clients I do look after.
thanks

colin thomas

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 06:52:32 pm »
i only work weekends for special customers and i don't charge a premium but that said if they are 'special' that would mean that they pay over the odds anyway,

;) ;D
colin thomas

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 09:23:36 pm »
I work most Saturdays unless I feel like taking a day off, no difference in price,I never work Sundays so the question of a premium does not arise.

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2010, 11:29:44 pm »
As most have said: Don't tend to work weekends as a principle; but.....

easy staightforward jobs of sufficient size, then "yes" eg. whole of house with no furniture.

Commercial jobs are often undertaken on a weekend simply because they are too big to do at the end of the day, and when I am tired. But these would have been costed on a different basis in any case.

If I am doing commercial work I may just tag on some small domestic jobs as I am already working and have loaded the ambulance. I wouldn't per se charge a premium although I may be less price sensitive if it's a new customer and quote my normal week day rates but it is on a "take-it-or-leave-it" basis.

Have been known to work on a Sunday but only for very specific clients. I'm particularly thinking of a hotel whose quietest time of the week for doing the public areas is a Sunday afternoon. A small premium may be added. Tkhat said, this particular hotel pays top dollar for the work I do for them on an on-going basis, usually on a Monday morning when I'm cleaning up a vomit-stained bedroom.

In 12 years I think I may have worked for a period of time on 7 Sundays. Saturdays it usually works out at about 10-20 Saturdays a year but usually only for max 5 hours. Unfrtunately therse tend to be during the ummer months mostly.

Rog
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

richy27

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2010, 01:25:51 pm »
work most sats and have wednesday off instead works for me, sunday day with the mrs and wednesday too myself. i do mainly commercials at weekends

Colin Day

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2010, 02:41:47 pm »
I don't charge extra for weekend work. Been back at the school cleaning safety flooring yesterday (Saturday) and will charge exactly the same as I would if it were a normal day...

I've worked over the last 3 weekends and I'm just grateful things are that busy, that I have to work weekends :)

Jim_77

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2010, 01:36:12 am »
When asked if I work weekends and evening, I give 2 quotes - the normal rate and the surcharge of 25% for out of hours work.  This normally results in the customer somehow magically finding a way to do it within working hours.  Funny, that :)

Voluntarily, I've done two Sundays in the last 5 years.  This was a very big commercial job which paid more over a weekend than many people earn in a week,  I can live with that :D

I've done quite a few office jobs for a few hours in the early evening mid-week, no problem with that every now and again.

I think domestic customers who ask "Do you work weekends?" are right cheeky bstrds if you ask me.  I tell them I'm all booked out with commercial work for the next 4 Saturdays and what do you know... suddenly they can arrange for someone to be there to let me in on Wednesday morning.

I only do commercials at weekends, domestic customers always have some way of letting you do the job in the week - they're just being selfish and lazy.

fitz2kleen

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2010, 07:27:17 am »
once again thanks folks.

I think my line of thought was depicted most admirably by Jim [ such a quiet fella usually:D ]
But yes while im well chuffed we are overtly busy due to returning cuzzies and referals im a jew on a Saturday and christian on a Sunday so sure I'll work them but I need more money to put on the collection plate.
[[ just off to say my 'hail marys' and pop a doyley on me head.
where u been hiding jim? ma missus said u aint been around 4 ages?
Regards Marc

Helen

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2010, 12:21:43 pm »
This normally results in the customer somehow magically finding a way to do it within working hours.  Funny, that :)

Marvellous how they can back track so quickly ;D

I think domestic customers who ask "Do you work weekends?" are right cheeky bstrds if you ask me.  I tell them I'm all booked out with commercial work for the next 4 Saturdays and what do you know... suddenly they can arrange for someone to be there to let me in on Wednesday morning.

It's when they say, "but I work all week" that gets to us...what do they thnk we are doing then? As with many others we plan commercial and those "special" custies (worth the while ;) for weekends.

Jim_77

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2010, 04:48:45 pm »
Had a busy summer and also got a puppy a couple of months ago, which takes up a lot of time... time which has unfortunately been stolen from hanging round talking crap on forums!

Griffus

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2010, 04:49:36 pm »
25% mark up for weekends and nights, which is passed onto staff. It is rare we have to but tends to be larger areas which are in use 24 hours Mon - Fri.

If working alone then it depends on several factors as to whether I apply a premium.

Stu.Clem

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2010, 09:07:47 pm »
Work to live, not live to work. Cliches arent always bullcr@p.

Sat & Sun should be kept for "our time" as this life is way too short enough anyways!

I personally will only work weekends for special favours or a proper commercial earner - there's sufficient hours thru the week available to earn ya crust...?!?

So to conclude, YES you should charge more for weekend work an if they dont like ya price  then tuftitteezz  ::)

Stu

Helen

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2010, 09:36:20 pm »
Had a busy summer and also got a puppy a couple of months ago, which takes up a lot of time... time which has unfortunately been stolen from hanging round talking crap on forums!
What sort of puppy? Must be more interesting than forums!