Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul Simpson

Used truckmount - what to look for?
« on: September 09, 2010, 06:34:40 pm »
Looking at possibly taking the step up to truckmount and might have one to look at tomorrow, only used portables upto now, is there anything I should be checking/looking for in particular?
Any help appreciated.

Paul

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: Used truckmount - what to look for?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 06:58:12 pm »
I would look at who is selling it, if you are buying it at a good or reduced amount because it is old then you can't expect it to not have a few troubles but if it's lasted that long then it must have been built well.

If you are paying serious money then take a machanic, hours aren't the greatest way to look if it's had use or not, what you are really looking for is oil leaks or slow to start.

Where are you going to look? how much?

Shaun

Peter Sweeney

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 07:01:56 pm »
Don't buy from anyone in Margate  ;D

Check out buy and sell Paul

nevil

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 07:07:20 pm »
I have two that I bought used for peanuts. Both of them are old dogs really. Tons of hours on them but they just keep going on and on. I would say that a good place to start would be to run them as long as you can get away with when going to view. Get them good and hot and turn up the pressure to max to make sure the heat x and pipe work is all sound. Of course  that doesn't mean they can't go at some time in the future but it's will show that it's working now. I guess asking about oil changes and servicing is pretty important too. I am told that most tm engines will give many thousands of hours of good service as long as you keep changing the oil and filter when they are due.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 07:15:28 pm »
tell him not to start it before you arrive, you want to see it start from cold.

look for water leaks, does it get the water hot, are the pump  belts lose, put your hand on the blower while its running feel for smoothness

but if it starts, runs, sucks, pumps water and look OK then buy it :)
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

jasonl

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 07:22:25 pm »
http://www.jondon.com/used/detail.php?siteid=1262

This would be under 4k with delivery, vat and import duty
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Paul Simpson

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 08:58:48 pm »
Thanks all for the replies. At least I might look as if I know what I'm doing now.  :P

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 09:02:49 pm »
I'd suggest that you meet the seller on one of his jobs so you can see the machine  in action, in fact spend an entire day with him. As Mike has said look for leaks, oil and water.

Simon