Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Carpet Dawg

How to clean these tiles
« on: August 22, 2010, 12:49:08 pm »
I've got s friend who's had a new bathroom fitted and on the floor she's got Black Starlight Quartz Tiles with a gloss finish.
Anyway, they are not looking so sparkly as they did in the shop! Almost like they have a layer of dust over them even though they have been cleaned (by her) using household products.
She went in the shop and they sold her a product called Fila. One is a cleaner/redstorer and the other is a sealer.

So my question is, is there any tips or advice on how to apply these products to get the best results? I dont have access to a rotery and neither does she lol So it'll be done by hand, its only a small on-suite bathroom anyways 5x5.

http://www.directmarbleandgranite.co.uk/product/black_starlight_quartz_tiles.html these are the tiles in question.

Thanks in advance
Tony

Steve. Taylor

Re: How to clean these tiles
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 02:11:44 pm »
Tony first i would clean with just distiled water or bottled water never use anything acidic or high alkiline most neutraul household cleaners should be fine. with a terry towel if its just small by hand .

its often the hardwater that has gone onto the floor thats made it dull looking.

As quartz tiles are man made and not natural here can lie the problem as a good tile should be as follows 95% quartz & 5% resin.
 QUOTE BELOW.

all quartz tiles should be made with 95 % , otherwise they cannot claim the hardness, durability, or impermeability of a true quartz surface. MOST ARE MADE IN CHINA SO WHO KNOWS.

HOPE THIS HELPS KEEP IT MID PH
Steve T       All the gear but no idea!
www.leatherrepairsouthampton.co.uk

Carpet Dawg

Re: How to clean these tiles
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 05:55:02 pm »
Thanks for that Steve! i'll pass it on to her :)