Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Crystal-clear

water supply problem New
« on: September 07, 2010, 12:45:18 am »
Hi guys

I'm new to this forum but ive been window cleaning for a few years now (pole 1 year) im not sure if this is the right place to post but basically..

I've moved to London about 3 months back and i am living in a 3rd rloor flat (thankfully with a lift) the way i make my water is hardcore ,i got this contraption on the flat tap it connects up to the 200gpd reverse osmosis (with booster pump) and i fill up 4x 25lt drums in decent time.

but this is the painfull part i place 4 barrels in a trolly wheel them down to my van (which sometimes can be parked 5 mins walk away which may not sound like a lot but with 100kgs of water pushing to the van at 7am it is) then i need to lift 4 barrels  on the van floor , sit on a little crate thing then tip them in the van mounted tank! its a bloody nightmare and gives me a back ache 1st thing in the morning. When i first moved here it wasnt much of a problem beacuse i didnt have enof work ,but im starting to use more as i have picked up quite a bit more work ,infact the only reason why im holding back on work is cos of this problem.

ive looked for garages, sheds etc ,cant find any with a water supply and the ones that have are just to expensive.

i was wondering if anyone knows or if anyone will be able to help me out for a bit? i am willing to pay maybe if you have a small round and rent a shed somewhere ill pay 50%? or even if you have a garden tap? all i need right now is maybe 400 liters a week ,infact i got 2 weeks off come middle of the month typically i am only using about 100l a day and i dont work every day right now (ofc i would like to)

I live in south london but my work is all over ,mainly Middlesex, Surrey if anyone out there is willing to help me out in anyway i will be so greatfull i know i only need a small amount of water but i dont want to sound like a hand out i stress i am willing to Pay my way % of rent or bills supply with resin etc anything which we are both happy with im willing to travel to even north london!
ill even clean your windows for free  ;D

i just need some help guys or ideas

Thanks in advance

Re: water supply problem
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 12:52:43 am »
Buy your water at bayersan in sutton.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 12:55:18 am »
how much is it? there is a place that sells it for 19p liter which is crazy for me atm 500 liters which would be a full tank £95.00!!

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 12:59:19 am »
Not sure, but i think going rate is about £15-20 for 650 ltrs

Crystal-clear

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 01:43:44 am »
hmm thats actually not bad!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 09:21:15 am »
how much is it? there is a place that sells it for 19p liter which is crazy for me atm 500 liters which would be a full tank £95.00!!

Try Omnipole near Croydon if you want to buy water in that area.  May be a bit far for you though but cost a lot less than Bayersan.  Can't speak for them but you might get your 500 litres for £20 - £30.  Maybe less if you buy some kit from them.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 02:55:55 pm »
cheers guys , omni pole is 4p a liter! thats really good yea 500l for £20.00
cant seem to get in touch with the guys in sutton yet thou ,