Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

from edge2edge

Seperate Mobiles
« on: August 19, 2010, 10:05:01 am »
I have had 3 txt messages over the last week at 2355 2245 and 0600 all while i was asleep from so called customers.I dont have a seperate mobile but dont like to turn it off in case of emergencies(family not punters) what do you guys do.Regards Alan(swindon)

Helen

Re: Seperate Mobiles
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 10:14:03 am »
do you not have a landline where family could get hold of you?
Then you needn't sleep with the mobile next to you :)

Joe H

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 10:28:02 am »
Do you not have an "old" phone that you can just slip a sim card in and only give that number to family-friends.
That way you can turn off your business mobile but still get the important calls from those you choose.
Joe

sarahbelleee

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 10:30:37 am »
Why don't you get second phone. Record message "I can not answer now leave your message and ....." on the phone for customers. You can turn it off when you sleep and hear your voice massages in the morning.  

from edge2edge

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 10:34:46 am »
Landline wouldnt wake me up i dont think so will have to consider the other phone option as being woken 3 times is just annoying.I will have to remember the other phone to turn it on at night i suppose.Sounds easy as long as no beer goggles on the night before.Regards Alan

robert meldrum

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 10:40:54 am »
I've had two mobiles for some years. One's on Vodaphone contract the other's on a sim only deal.
The second was orginally for incoming calls only and used in conjunction with 0800 number in YP and other adverts.
It's about SEVEN years since I advertised but still get the occasional call.

Simon Moat

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 10:50:55 am »
Hi Alan,

Definately two phones is the way to go, my business number is sim only deal and costs a tenner a month on 3.

Simon.

Peter_Jones

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 11:07:34 am »
Just turn the text message ringtone off and leave the phone call one on.

They are obviously texting instead of ringing because of what time it is.

Personally I don't mind customers contacting me at any time when I consider how much it costs in marketing to get them to do so in the first place.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2010, 05:35:23 pm »
Hi Alan

I moved 9 months ago and was unable to take my business line with me, wrong exchange so I moved it to my daughters shop and put it on permanent divert. BT offered me a new Blackberry with no charge for diverting.

Initially I was a bit reluctant to carry two phones but it has been a godsend.

My business line is 9 til when I want it to be, usually about six and then I ether turn it off or just let it go to answerphone.

I feel like I've got my life back, no more calls while trying to have a realaxing beer or eat.

Cheers

Doug