Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kate1

Re: marketing
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2010, 01:28:08 pm »
Hi Dave

Ive been in sales and marketing, self taught, no courses for 20 years.  I worked mainly in advertising sales, had a telemarketing company of my own for 2 years employing staff.  Nothing out of a book.  Only by my own experiences.  I am now a self employed freelance telesales person, working for a range of industries.

My advice is only based on the way things are moving forward, offering small incentives, like loyalty cards, family cards etc, competitions, (I dont think one free clean a month would break the bank)  Its just something to maybe make yourself stand out a bit.  I suppose it depends on what level of progress you want to make, if you want to stay solo as a worker, thats fine, if you want to grow thats fine too.

Im just trying to come up with something different other than leaflets through doors.  Its a different perspective because you are appealing to the emotional side, customer service, and getting to know your clientelle.

For example wouldnt it be great to get people to pre pay for at least a month, but you have to offer something in return for that.  All the time that would be freed up by hopefully a majority being on prepaid, would leave space to get new customers.

I dont mean it to sound like a book, its just stuff that I have sat here and thought about, because thats what my job is, I have helped with ideas and stuff for a few start ups

Its only suggestions, I dont claim to be an expert

Hope that helps

kate1

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2010, 05:58:47 pm »
Sorry Dave, I meant to answer your question, you dont offer the first one for free, EVER

But you need a USP unique selling point, an offer, a proposal, a carrot that sets you aside.

Not from a book, my head.  Ive never done a marketing class in my life, but I have been in the industry for 20 years.

Its hindsight - you get that customer.

You tier deals

If you prepay for a month you get this

If you prepay for 6 months you get this

The option is there, give choices.  Rather than I just come and clean on a Monday, the customer needs to be enticed and tied in.

Im sorry I dont mean to be like a "salesperson"

Its just sort of having a long term business plan - rather than day to day and week to week

Hope that helps

lee09

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2010, 06:14:38 pm »
Hi Kate,
It is a simple business and does not need an usp.'s.
As has been said most are sole traders with ambition to provide for their families, pay the bills and take good regular holidays.
If you pay me 6 months in advance, for the next 5 I work for nothing! Offer people something extra and they will then expect a discount for cash.
I turn up, clean the windows chat briefly if they are in, collect my money and all with a smile on my face. I enjoy keeping it simple.
Lee