Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

the gutter guy

omnivac guttervac
« on: August 07, 2010, 06:48:12 pm »
Hi all you guttervac,ers just to let you know i have now been trading nearly 11 months with my omnivac guttervac,purchased new from omnivac,the 48ft kit complete plus stephill generater,i did supply my own camera and monitor kit (only £140.00 and well worth it.).It took me a bit of time to get going and earning some money,up here on the east coast money is and always has been tight,but eventually i found the right prices to suit,i have a web site,i have a leaflet drop every now and then,and my van is heavily noticed with signs and particular the rear sign," GUTTERS CLEARED FROM £25.00" this has helped alot and being bright red certainly gets noticed.My son in law trades as ODD BODS he does waterfed pole window cleaning has attracted a lot of work my way, thakyou to him.As for the equipment i brought from omnipole,I CANT FAULT IT vac motors excellent,generater starts first time every time, hoses and pipes providing you clean them every day a so, i suck a bucket of water through ,keeps them clean no problem at all.And the beauty of this kit is how quick and efficent it does the job,most jobs take between 40minutes to a hour sometimes less,so as you see there is a great earning potential,youve just got to go out there and sell your self to the public,Best tip i can give put a drop of zflora disenfectant in your vac every day,keeps your van smelling sweet.......THE GUTTER GUY

the bfg

Re: omnivac guttervac
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 07:08:29 pm »
yep I know exactly what you mean mate as I bought mine about 10 months ago and it has certainly paid for itself,

I got 5000 A5 double sided leaflets printed up ( £65 from www.printmarketuk.com  delivered )   and have my window cleaning services on one side and my gutter cleaning services on the other side and they are proving a great move.

I even got permission from Omni-vac to use their gutter vac pics which proved again to be a great move.

quite a few jobs done now and many a happy customer with more jobs booked and a couple of quotes for next week

by far the best gutter vac on the market

Dave Willis

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 08:17:01 pm »
yep, me too, my homemade vac has been going for well over a year now with Superlight carbon tubes showing no wear whatsoever. Vac gets used every week. Loncin generator always starts and has never missed a beat. Glad I didn't waste my money on an Omnivac.  ;D

Good tip about the zflora - mine stinks after a days sludge sucking. Only problems I've had are sucking up nails the tilers leave behind and of course still having to use ladders to unblock 's'bends. Of course some hanging gardens still have to be cleared by hand.

Clear Glass Cleaning Services

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 09:24:02 pm »
Hi Gutter guy

Glad its worked out for you.How much did the set up cost you with gen.I clean a few gutters by hand looking into buying a gutter vac.
You can e-mail me with details
john1607g@hotmail.com

Cheers

John.