Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

how do you rinse?

brush on glass
36.1%
13 (36.1%)
brush off glass
58.3%
21 (58.3%)
don't rinse just scrubb
5.6%
2 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 32

tom2009

brush on or off?
« on: August 05, 2010, 07:32:10 pm »
As I pulled upto a job today I watched a windie that put me to shame for speed. I do the house next to the one he was doing so I've seen he does a good job. Noticed that he left the brush on to rinse where as i fanny around with the brush off.
wondered what the masses do?

tom2009

Re: brush on or off?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 08:25:23 pm »
does brush type matter, i use a vikan monofil but have a duel trim superlight on order, hopefully will be easier going on the muscles esp. with new pole.

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 11:31:01 pm »
ive tried rinsing brush on and they left brush marks on the glass!not good at all!so im rinsing brush off for the foreseeable future on first and second floor windows.although if i could get away with it i would as its quicker!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

EZclean

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 11:40:54 pm »
its not quicker just  easier
EZclean - Cleaner Than Water

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 05:16:18 am »
The thing with taking the brush off is that you can more easily squirt the water at that piece of old cobweb and muck that is still stuck to the glass half way down.

If you leave the brush on, the power of the water coming down is not always strong enough to move big bits of crap like that.

imo.

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 08:19:35 am »
Since changing to fan jets i rince with the brush on (current brush pro-window dual trim mono)
very quick and no marks,  the bigger the window the better/quicker brush on works.

i'm at least 15% quicker than pencil jets/brush off.

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

ccmids

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 12:18:16 pm »
the best way to rinse is with th brush on , not full pressed on just the tips of the bristles you will then see how much better and quicker the job will be.