Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Rob Smith

Re: How to price Gutter Cleaning. Not Clearing
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2010, 08:42:26 pm »
Hi Matt,

Where are you based?

Cheers,

Rob

Susan @ MB Window Cleaning

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2010, 09:37:33 pm »
Hi Rob, i am based in Leicester and Essex.
my kit was cheaper, but I have had problems with extanding the camera's cable from 2.5 metres to 7+ metres.
If I was to buy another kit it would certainly be a wireless one.
To be honest I can't fault the polarbrite survey kit.
If you can I would suggest going over there and having a look at the polarvak and survey kit, I think Craig is thinking of doing a complete polarVak kit with survey kit for around £1,000
If you give Craig a call tomorrow tell him Matt at MB window cleaning told you to give him a call.

Matt

Rob Smith

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2010, 10:08:24 pm »
Hi Matt,   

Thanks again. I will call Craig tomorrow and see what he can do for me. 

Really helped me. Cheers.

Rob

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2010, 10:10:36 pm »
Your welcome Rob.
Let me know how it goes.

Matt

Carl2009

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2010, 08:15:23 am »
Matt - when you spray with tfr and then blast off with the lance aren't you afraid of water ingress into the roof space....?
I see 3 areas for possible water ingress:

1. Between the soffit and the wall where the pvc or wood doesn't meet exactly flush with the wall.
2. On properties where there is no soffit, where the fascia board meets the wall.
3. Underneath and behind the gutter, beneath the overhanging roof tiles/slates.

I have a lance too and have tried both it and wfp. I have settled on the wfp / brush method (pretreated with tfr) as I was worried about this. Many houses I have done have a (albeit small) gap between the wall and soffit / fascia and I didn't want to take the risk. Where a house has silican sealant I didn't want to risk blasting it out of loosening it and have a string hanging down.

I might be overly worried, so has anyone had any experience of water getting inside a building / complaints?

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2010, 08:37:39 am »
Carl I haven't recieved any complaints about that, I don't worry about it.
On the top course of bricks on the house, there are wooden barers that are bolted to the brickwork, and it is this barer that the trusses are nailled to. if water does get under the bottom roof tiles its only a small amount and it wouldn't get passed the barer. if the Soffits are wooden/board then I use an extension pole and an old applicator.

Matt

Rob Smith

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2010, 04:27:56 pm »
Hi Matt,

Spoke to Craig.  They are doing Vak and Video for £1000 including VAT, so seems a good deal. Need the weekend to think about it! Off to footie tomorrow so will do my sums while travelling on the train. Will then order on Monday for delivery Tuesday.

Would be great to meet up for some tuition! Do you use the equipment on your own?

Rob