Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

bobby p

would you take her back?
« on: August 05, 2010, 02:05:12 pm »
i had this customer for about 1 year, slowly she let slide paying me,i lost count how many times i knocked at her door ,all manner of excuses from holidays to a late pay check   , i tried my best by then asking her to leave money under a pot,but when she kept forgetting i dropped her a few months back

today she texts me -   " i am finally out of hospital and just about in the land of the living.when can you do my windows please "

Re: would you take her back?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 02:07:03 pm »
if it is in a compact area then do one clean till u get paid,  if it is out of the way no

Martin ccs

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 02:08:03 pm »
no! too busy looking after my regular and reliable customers!!!

think about it!! it would prob cost u to clean the windows.

if you need the work then make her pay for 6 months up front!!

bobby p

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 02:13:54 pm »
i am thinking that her text was aimed at me being sympathetic --- (poor old crone,just out of hospital , surely he wont kick a dog when its down )

my gut feeling is that she will  pay quickly this one time and then slide back into her old ways (always 3months behind paying,or paying in dribs n drabs , 3 quid here-a tenner there etc )

she is amongst a lot of others i clean but not within eyesight of any others if that makes sense

Martin ccs

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 02:26:24 pm »
just drop it!!

Tom White

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 03:19:33 pm »
I'd murder her for all the messing and the neck she has, then dress her up in a Santa Claus costume and shove her lifeless body up my chimney.

tony talbot

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 03:25:54 pm »
I'd murder her for all the messing and the neck she has, then dress her up in a Santa Claus costume and shove her lifeless body up my chimney.

like it, should have done that to my ex-wife would have been a lot less hassel ;D

lee09

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 04:16:07 pm »

Bit harsh our Tosh, you still off the f@gs?
Lee

bobby p

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2010, 08:03:45 am »
cheers for the opinions-i have decided to totally ignore her texts or phone calls  rather than get into a  battle of wits 

TonyD

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2010, 08:09:10 am »
Think you've made the right decision there, probably as you say - might pay the first clean then slump back into messing you about.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2010, 08:11:52 am »
Surely its wouldnt have been so hard for her to send a cheque. She is trying to manipulate you with the sympathy card

andyjm1

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2010, 08:23:28 am »
Ask her to set up a standing order, when the first payment has gone into your bank account, clean her windows. If the payments stop, you stop.
Tell her most people pay you that way.

Ian101

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2010, 03:23:17 pm »
Think I would ask for 3 in advance and if she wont then drop her as a messer  :)

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2010, 04:36:48 pm »
ditch the cow she will probably stalk you till you give in though

gewindows

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2010, 04:41:46 pm »
Text her asking her if she had gone into hospital for a lobotomy.

Tom White

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2010, 05:25:23 pm »
Drug her, dress her in a monkey costume and drop her off in Monkey World during the mating season.

That'll teach'er!

Tom White

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2010, 05:30:22 pm »

like it, should have done that to my ex-wife would have been a lot less hassel ;D

Then on Christmas day and the kids ask where' my presents, you could get the chimney sweep in and when Santa's lifeless body slumps to the floor, you could say, "Well that explains that then, now get back in the cellar."

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2010, 05:43:29 pm »
lol  :D ;Dmust say tosh you have a sick sense of humour