Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

G Griffin

Re: WFP Advice
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2010, 06:59:14 pm »
im trad only, and  what can look perrrrfect from outside can look rubbish from the inside ! ,all manner of streaks are obvious only from inside . As long as nobodys complaining to you  theres no problem is there

Well, do um properly then  ;D; and you won`t leave streaks, even trad.
  But I don`t suppose it matters if you get don`t complaints  ;).

you can over analyze this job and theres no point . this forums good but it encourages over analyzing/over egging  .  before i discovered the forum i was quite happily squeegeeing away with a basic B nQ Squeegee with a 3 month old rubber in it and still no complaints . lets face it,the customers only alternative is doing the thankless job themselves and dont they hate the idea

I don`t think NOT doing a "rubbish" job is over analysing. I`m not knocking anyone for getting away with what they can either.
  Or they might do a "rubbish" job due to ignorance; they don`t know they are. Again I`m not criticising anyone for that.

The customer does have an alternative to doing the job themselves or putting up with the WC`ers mentioned above; they can get someone else to clean them.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2010, 10:16:53 pm »
talking to a lad last month who was thinking of changing to wfp but said he wont bother cos hes been told they only work on half the windows . and said if im shelling all that cash out i wont to use it at least on all upstairs . thats another wc being given crap advice by guys who have a system but still use ladders for a lot of there work  [muppets].                                                                                                                                                                                                                                dazmond didnt mean for it to sound like i was having a dig at you it was just aimed at all the windys on here who spout on about it only doing a good job on certain types of glass  they should go trad full time instead of doing a bad wfp job .

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2010, 10:22:05 pm »
a lot of the guys who give bad advice are tradders who are trying to avoid going wfp,  i ahev jobs that i do that tradders ahve said cant be done and this was one of the reason i went wfp

i have yet to find a window what wfp doesnt work on, as the way i look at it is,  if rain can get on a window then wfp can as well

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2010, 10:27:32 pm »
at  last someone talking sense :)

dazmond

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2010, 11:51:10 pm »
no probs barry!im a wfp newbie so what do i know?!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

im a very experienced trad window cleaner(16 years)and wfp coming up to two months!!

im persevering with it and thankfully so are my custies as most ive cleaned for years!!not lost any yet!im improving day in/day out as im using it on a lot of my work both up and down.

im looking at the windows BEFORE i do the second cleans to see if there are any runs and spots and checking them AFTER they ve dried and i must admit most are fine.by the third or fourth cleans im sure that 90% will be fine.
price higher/work harder!

G Griffin

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2010, 11:55:34 pm »

i have yet to find a window what wfp doesnt work on, as the way i look at it is,  if rain can get on a window then wfp can as well

I think there will be loads of windows that a wfp can`t get at.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐