Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cleewindows

ive seen it all today
« on: July 27, 2010, 09:39:08 am »
 ;D
just been down the seafront as im off work with my bad back at the moment due to a idiot crashing into me on a forklift truck in my other job.
i was down the seafront when i seen a local window cleaner with a 18ft pole on a step ladder on the beach cleaning some windows.
 i had a full english in the time it took him to clean just 3 windows upstairs,watched him he didnt clean any frames or sills,i would say theres 15 windows all in all and i think in a hour he had cleaned 8 and thats not frames or sills,was going to take a photo but he would have seen me and probably seen me in my van in the past.
i presume this window cleaner has been going for years as he seems to do lots of shops banks etc,time for me to speak to shops restaurants pubs etc.

Smudgeoff Cleaning Services

Re: ive seen it all today
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 10:09:08 am »
Hey clee,

sorry to move away from your post but is your other job fulltime?

How do you juggle them?

cheers mate
 ;D ;D ;D
" To Get It All Off Call Smudgeoff"

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 10:11:44 am »
;D
just been down the seafront as im off work with my bad back at the moment due to a idiot crashing into me on a forklift truck in my other job.
i was down the seafront when i seen a local window cleaner with a 18ft pole on a step ladder on the beach cleaning some windows.
 i had a full english in the time it took him to clean just 3 windows upstairs,watched him he didnt clean any frames or sills,i would say theres 15 windows all in all and i think in a hour he had cleaned 8 and thats not frames or sills,was going to take a photo but he would have seen me and probably seen me in my van in the past.
i presume this window cleaner has been going for years as he seems to do lots of shops banks etc,time for me to speak to shops restaurants pubs etc.

The Lazy beeeeeeep lol

cleewindows

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 10:26:43 am »
lazy and very slow,looked very dangerous on the ladder,looked very unstable and he wasnt even reaching top of glass aswell as not doing frames and sills.
I do the other job 4 nights a week but now due to smashing my back up im out of action for 2 weeks minimum,maybe longer.
a bit gutted really as i was about to start a big canvassing campaign untill this happened and realised how bad it was when it took me nearly 20 mins from seafront to home,normally takes me 5 maximum  :'(
;D

The Lazy beeeeeeep lol

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 01:14:40 pm »
It is hard setting up as well I know.
I work full time building motor homes but i need a evening job so i can go for it big time then. I am off work as well just recovering from a herina operation so it has given me more time to research the net...etc.

Hope your back is better soon mate so you can wipe the floor with mr slow...

Darren

cleewindows

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 01:25:25 pm »
Yeah you will be alright m8,where are you based pal?
hope your recovering well pal,good luck with finding a evening job,doorman isnt a bad job to do i think if you want to finsh early.Was thinking about doing it!
Back will be on the end soon pal,have my off days but will be back bigger stronger and better and faster than mr slow :>
I would have done the restaurant by the time he had done 2 windows with my clx and i would have cleaned the sills and frames.
I was shocked must admit seen him a few months ago cleaning a shop window traditional,there was runs on the windows than Pieterson has scored for england,was most shocking was one of the reasons that made me start window cleaning.
 I will be putting a good claim in for my back injury so will be trying to buy some additional work to the work i already have!
It is hard setting up as well I know.
I work full time building motor homes but i need a evening job so i can go for it big time then. I am off work as well just recovering from a herina operation so it has given me more time to research the net...etc.

Hope your back is better soon mate so you can wipe the floor with mr slow...

Darren