Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Willis

Van Insurance
« on: September 28, 2010, 03:57:13 pm »
Phoning around for insurance today and I am surprised to find many companies seem to be very wary of carrying water tanks in the back of a van. One refused to insure me because of the risk of making the road slippery in the event of an accident  ???
Others wanted to know how much water was carried too. Several didn't have a clue and so wouldn't insure.
I think insurance companies are latching on. I reckon insurance will become harder as time goes by.
Also I tried to get temporary cover to run two vans (one at a time) for a month - what a joke that is!

Lee GLS

Re: Van Insurance
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 04:45:55 pm »
ive been trying to get insurance on my connect, and insurance has gone up in the last year, the best deal seemed to be with alexanda swan and they are fine with a tank in the back

tws

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 04:58:13 pm »
all van insurances have gone up its disgraceful iv paid over £500 on my fiat all you can do is shop around makes a mockery of having over 30 years no claims, all i was told is im lucky to get insurance as a lot of company's are pulling out of bolton  :o why penalise good drivers disgraceful.   

windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 05:04:08 pm »
Give this branch of A-plan a ring and  ask for  Adam Baxter ( A-plan 01993 841841 ) and tell him Darren Charman recommened you and you should get an even better quote....
Thanks
Darren
---THE BEST YOU CAN GET---
www.windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

Dave Willis

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 05:04:58 pm »
Just got off the phone with Alexander Swan. They even wanted to know which make system was in the back - are they in with Ionics? Must be a connection between the pair as they are both in Swindon.
I do hope Ionics aren't manipulating the insurance companies. I would imagine they would push the crash tested facts pretty hard.  :-\

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 05:17:58 pm »
Mine's with Directline, been with them for years. My vehicle is not modified though, my tank is strapped & wedged with the manufacturers anchor points. I have a steel bulk head & I'm satisfied with what I have in place. ;)

Dave Willis

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010, 05:32:22 pm »
Wish I hadn't gone all professional now - what a ballache!  ;D

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2010, 05:34:00 pm »
Wish I hadn't gone all professional now - what a ballache!  ;D

Over-heads & headaches mate! ;D

jarvy

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2010, 06:10:06 pm »
2nd direct line,other company's i tried could'nt get close to their quote.
www.wedgwoodcleaning.co.uk

"If you were twice as smart, you'd still be stupid"

Lee GLS

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2010, 06:26:46 pm »
Just got off the phone with Alexander Swan. They even wanted to know which make system was in the back - are they in with Ionics? Must be a connection between the pair as they are both in Swindon.
I do hope Ionics aren't manipulating the insurance companies. I would imagine they would push the crash tested facts pretty hard.  :-\

They ask what make because you can get a courtesy van if your gets written off and need to know which system to put on there system

George P

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2010, 07:14:25 pm »
try stephen ayre at G.T.Insurance, very helpful, he will be able to insure you and tank if needed, if you say george gave you the number i would appreciate it, his  number is 0115 9394747, been in insurance a long time, we have started going to him now as helpful and competetive

DanC

Re: Van Insurance New
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2010, 09:12:55 pm »
I think Alexander Swann do have a relationship with Ionics.  I received some marketing material from Ionics a bit ago and I'm sure there was a leaflet enclosed from them.