Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

d s windowcleaning

putting up prices
« on: July 08, 2010, 05:10:52 pm »
over the last 2 weeks ive been putting up my prices by £2 per house not had 1 customer moan about this increase . better to get it done now than wait till the vat rise .
where theres muck theres money

dazmond

Re: putting up prices
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 05:25:06 pm »
i review my prices in feb every year,tell the custys in march and put them up from the start of april!! ;) ;D ;D ;D

works for me!!

price higher/work harder!

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 01:43:36 am »
yeah lad im still waitin for me drumming course  ;D ;D ;D
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Dave Anderson

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 07:18:47 am »
I started in Oct 06 and have not as of yet put any prices up so I think I'll do that 2011.

Does'nt time just fly by....

I suppose my thought process has been to get the round built and then look at price rises.

Dave.
The more I know the less I know I know ...

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 07:23:32 am »
a lot of newer custys that ive had say a year or two are better priced so dont get a rise every year.its the very compact work ive had for years that i try and push up every year as they are underpriced but still worth cleaning.

all new work is priced a lot higher and 2 monthly so in time ill have a much more profitable business!! ;) ;D ;D

Rob Smith

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 07:26:36 am »
I had a customer put his own price up by £2 last week   :o :)

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 07:32:28 am »
rob thats a sure sign that your underpricing!!!! ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

bobby p

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 07:46:04 am »
iv only been going 2 years , still fretting if i increase price a load may cancel me . what about all the ones that tip?  in the main my price is £8 and majority tip me up to £10

Rob Smith

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 08:27:48 am »
rob thats a sure sign that your underpricing!!!! ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

It really wasn't under priced!!   I think on the first clean I took a while and the guy thought I had done myself. But on the next clean it took 15 mins. He said when I turned up the second time 'has the price gone up'. I said yes to £12 joking and he said well lets call it £10. :) :)

chopsie

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2010, 10:32:02 am »
I only been going since November and I have put a few up that I underpriced. Not lost any yet. they went up between 1 and £5.
chopsie

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2010, 05:44:20 pm »
Pushed up a couple by £1.50 but only cos they were out of my area. Had to put one up by £5 because had underspriced - customer understood. Wary of too many price increases as long as clean is profitable because customers might be tightening their belts

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2010, 05:54:44 pm »
Any one complaining about a 2 quid increase should titen there belt around there necks 2 quid is not money.See how petrol goes up and people still buy.We the window cleaners are the problem with price increases.Its call fear we have no balls.mate.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2010, 05:59:19 pm »
I'm currently upping most of mine by £1 - a few by £2 on slightly larger jobs.  The jobs I've taken on in the last couple of years have OK prices though for now.
I've tied in the increase with introducing the ability to pay by bank transfer.  Effectively I'm saying.  £1 increase but you can save the postage charges so only a 60p - 70p increase really if you pay electronically.
So far I've announced the increase to about 60% of the custies and I've had one cancellation.  This was a customer who I sensed was looking for a reason anyway as they "not todayed" me twice quite cheaply.  Normally I would have cancelled it by now myself for that but it's in the middle of a row and it's easier to run my hose across their garden.  I will now have to set up twice for that row.  Not a problem as I would rather lose a customer than work far too cheaply.  Even at the new rate it would not have been enough really.

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2010, 01:56:38 am »
i review my prices in feb every year,tell the custys in march and put them up from the start of april!! ;) ;D ;D ;D

works for me!!

still waiting n was up yr ways saturday cuda
had a bang on ya drums !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2010, 10:26:51 am »
Any one complaining about a 2 quid increase should titen there belt around there necks 2 quid is not money.See how petrol goes up and people still buy.We the window cleaners are the problem with price increases.Its call fear we have no balls.mate.

I think you will find petrol is a little bit more important than having your windows cleaned,
---THE BEST YOU CAN GET---
www.windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

geefree

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2010, 10:57:42 am »
Anyone willing to pop on here, the little note they use to explain a price increase ?

Just typing one out now, but struggling a little,

i dont want an essay, just going to explain briefly?

Paul Coleman

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2010, 11:19:28 am »
Anyone willing to pop on here, the little note they use to explain a price increase ?

Just typing one out now, but struggling a little,

i dont want an essay, just going to explain briefly?

Mine is quite an informal style that may not appeal to everyone.  I would use a different letter for commercial increases.
Bear in mind that I have pasted the following from my word processor document so the formatting may be lost.
-------------------------------------------------------

PRICE INCREASE FOR WINDOW CLEANING

Dear Customer,

In order to maintain a viable service, it has become necessary for me to increase most prices as from my next visit.  In some cases I have not increased my prices for a number of years.  Although I appreciate that the official inflation rate has been consistently low for some time, the actual increases in the costs of running a small business have been rather higher.
   I am mindful that many people are currently undergoing financial struggles and, because of this, I have generally delayed price increases .  Indeed, I have found myself working far longer hours in order to postpone this.

Therefore, from my next visit, I intend to increase the price of your window cleaning

to: £

I believe that this figure represents fair value and I understand that it compares reasonably with other window cleaners who are also running a proper business (as opposed to window cleaners who only show up a few times then disappear).
   For customers who normally post cheques, it is now possible to pay me by bank transfer.  This would enable saving the price of a postage stamp (currently 32p/41p) and effectively reduce the amount of the increase.  If you wish to pay this way, please contact me for my bank details and to obtain your unique reference number.

Thank you for your custom.