Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Moderator David@stives

Insurance
« on: July 12, 2010, 10:17:07 am »
do any of you carry insurance cover for glass being worked on ?

Do you think it is worth the increased premiums for the cover, I have had a couple of quotes and it seems there is about a 30% difference in prices.

As each year goes by, I have found my insurance has gone up about 50% each year, partly due to more staff and increased turnover.

Who are you with and how much do you pay ?

Employers and Public

chopsie

Re: Insurance
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 10:27:18 am »
I looked into it and the excesses were rediculous, never mind the added premium. You would have to damage a serious bit of glass to cover the excess I was getting quoted. (saying that I do some really old looking stained glass windows on one place which I am quite worried about,It bows as I clean it  :o, Recon it would cost a fair bit to replace.)
chopsie

NJWindowCleaning

Re: Insurance
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 06:22:35 pm »
Never bothered about the glass as my insurance says if I was working on it they cannot claim but if i was moving me ladder and that went through then the customer can claim but with wfp does not come into it.

But even I insurance the glass it wouldnt be worth it as the insurances dont want to pay out, excess puts of any claim etc.