Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Sapphire Window Cleaning

Re: Leaking openers
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2010, 05:45:28 pm »
How would you clean Georgian windows using a traditional pole James?
The panels are too small to use a 6" mop and squeegee. and using an unger clamp I am sure you would leave smears. plus how long do you think it would take to pole the first and second floor windows?
The smallest of the windows has 36 little panes.
I personally think the quickest way of doing it would be for me to WFP the outsides and let my other half microfibre the insides.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

james44

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2010, 06:29:58 pm »

jefftemperley

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2010, 06:52:39 pm »
mb

leave it for the next newbie or give it to a trad die hard, dont forget your in business to make money dont be embarassed by that fact, if the punter wont pay extra, why should you risk trad and earn less when you can replace her?

yes its not the peerfect solution bit we pick and choose our jobs all the time so treat this one accordingly
bad weather always looks worse through dirty windows

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2010, 07:59:52 pm »
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

Smudger

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2010, 08:57:24 pm »
Well Said Jeff,

i was looking for the right words earlier but it started sounding like a rant.

whether trad or WFP  making money is the name of the game, and one of the other reasons to running my
own biz was to make decisions on what work i do and how many hours i work.

not slave away for someone else

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2010, 04:15:09 pm »
matt they are just the old winds so its goin to leak a bit bet it leaks when it rains so its not you fault that they are crap winds advise the custie of this and say i can do these windows trad style but i have to charge a higher price if they dont want to pay the extra then you have advised them of the problem are they a good custie

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2010, 10:51:31 pm »
Agree with her on all the leaking,its her problem you did not make the windows.Give a price for trad and for WFP or no clean and then she can deside.AS I said make it her problem.

bobby p

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2010, 08:14:59 am »
i did some high small windows with a long trad pole /damp scrim wrapped over a small channel swivel squeegee . admit it hurt  my arms as it was many windows and took me a couple of hours,but very good results