Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pole 2 Pole

Some punters.....
« on: June 18, 2010, 01:31:56 pm »
One of my custies has just had an absolute fortunes worth of work done on her house. Extension,extra windows bla bla bla. Must have cost over 20k at least. I've seen what's been done when I pass now n then. She called me today to ask if I can resume cleaning them. But if I'm gonna charge more she might have to think again about using my services. After spending that kinda money,why do some people expect US to subsidise them? She's a lovely lass but they do take the P. I'll go see her next month and give her a "revised" price. Do we have mug written on our foreheads sometimes?????

tomy jackson

Re: Some punters.....
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 01:58:31 pm »
conys are best how much .thay think its free .when thay have one billt i kowe its the end ?????? ;D ;D

Glen Bullivant

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 02:28:43 pm »
Tell her you will charge exactly the same... Per window!

Tom White

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 03:03:53 pm »
Do we have mug written on our foreheads sometimes?????

The only times I've been taken for a 'mug' is when I've put myself in such a position to be charged as such.  Usually when, due to inexperience or because I've hurried a quote, I've under quoted.

Now, I just state my price and give them a frequency suggestion (if I can) and see what happens.  If they don't accept, then I'm fine with that, if they do accept then I'm fine with that.

Of course any customer could cancel after a first clean, and I rarely charge an initial cleaning charge.

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 05:23:34 pm »
Dont get this... she has asked you to start cleaning them again and your assuming that she wont accept your new price because she has spent alot on an extension ?

Give her a ring, go look at the extra windows and tell her it will be x amount more because of x amount of extra windows.

If she says no then its not worth doing at the same price.... simples
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

johnny_h

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 10:04:33 pm »
easy same price for the windows you used to do the others will be extra
AUDI VIDE TACE

andyjm1

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2010, 07:44:31 am »
If there is more work to be done then I don't see how anyone could really moan about the price  increasing.
Just tell her you've got a living to earn and there's no way you can do extra work for free.

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2010, 01:51:09 pm »
She is probably just trying it on. Put a fair price in and if she doesn't like it then walk away - it's not fair to expect you to clean more windows for the same price and I'm sure she knows that. Just call her bluff and say that she'll have to find someone else if she's not happy

peter1983

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2010, 10:41:54 pm »
m8 just say it will be more she will be ok about  it when it come to window cleaning you have the window cleaner who take the P!!! or a fair window cleaner just be fair and u will have no worrys