Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

trad top tip -bucket too deep
« on: June 23, 2010, 10:11:30 pm »
attention all tradders is your bucket too deep ,are you having to bend too far down to dip your big yellow sponge in that 2 inch of mud youve had in your bucket for 3 hours .simply half fill your bucket with cement or if you prefer concrete.hey presto no more bending to the floor.now you can laugh at all the other tradders when you see them breaking there backs bending right down  ;) ;) ;Dkeep on tradding

Gordon_Taylor

Re: trad top tip -bucket too deep
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 10:15:20 pm »
I bet your a pole polisher!!!!!!!

Gordon
Quality is doing it right, even when no-one is looking.

mci services

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 10:22:59 pm »
attention all tradders is your bucket too deep ,are you having to bend too far down to dip your big yellow sponge in that 2 inch of mud youve had in your bucket for 3 hours .simply half fill your bucket with cement or if you prefer concrete.hey presto no more bending to the floor.now you can laugh at all the other tradders when you see them breaking there backs bending right down  ;) ;) ;Dkeep on tradding

no need for concrete ;) buy a tin of expanding foam and half fill the bucket job done ;D and weighs next to nothing honest try it

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 07:18:43 am »
Very funny barry and well done taking the wind out of his sails, stu-mac! ;D
It's a game of three halves!

LWC

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 07:25:51 am »
Ha ha ha, carry a bucket around half full of cement and with water...ok mate

Paul Coleman

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 07:50:58 am »
Even better, use a wheelbarrow.  You won't have to bend so far and you won't even have to carry the water because you can just push it around.

Londoner

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 08:01:13 am »
A lot of the trad cleaners round here seem to have given up their buckets in favour of spray bottles

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2010, 05:27:56 pm »
well thats stupid . how you gonna get concrete in a spray bottle ??? ???

AuRavelling79

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2010, 05:41:56 pm »
well thats stupid . how you gonna get concrete in a spray bottle ??? ???

You might get it in; it's getting it out that's difficult!

;D
It's a game of three halves!

Dave Willis

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2010, 06:13:28 pm »
I use a sponge on a rope.

AJ

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2010, 06:17:29 pm »
I like to use one of these, it keeps my bucket at the optimum height to save bending down and I never have to carry it.
If a customer has steps to the garden, then them windows just can't be done.  :)

Jack Wallace

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2010, 06:50:05 pm »
I thought this was a good idea but your instructions let it down, I did as you suggested using quick dry cement but you failed to say the bucket needed to be empty when adding it.
I now can’t get either my squeegee or applicator out of the bucket.  ???
Any suggestions?

tacky

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2010, 08:56:13 pm »
what i used to do was drill holes in bucket .fill it to brim then after u done 3 houses top up bucket with custies water

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2010, 08:56:39 pm »
yes , are the handles on you trad tools stuck up . if so remove the bucket handle and use the trad tools as handles for carrying the bucket . you will have to buy some new tools but your bucket will look cool .who knows you might even start a new trend . :D

woody1

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2010, 09:05:57 pm »
Barry mallet the legend keep them coming

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

NJWindowCleaning

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2010, 09:18:48 pm »
What i find is to pee in my bucket on the belt by leaving applicator in it then with a cup of water from van as i dont to bend down as it at thigh hight. the pee dont half shift the muck of windows :D :D

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2010, 09:23:50 pm »
Even better, use a wheelbarrow.  You won't have to bend so far and you won't even have to carry the water because you can just push it around.
gave em the wheelbarrow tip months ago even told em when it rains to turn it over and use it as a shelter think theres a few lads started using it . it might catch on ;)